Author Thread: happiness
Admin

happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:50 AM

dear folks, seen this one somewhere and liked it ..thought id share..

ole cattle

�Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be, �Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.�

GraceMae

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:40 AM

Amen brother... I like that!:applause: You know maybe we out to make this a" happiness" quote thread huh! :glow::yay: ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 01:07 PM

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

- Helen Keller

Some of us seem to like to dwell on misery. We "enjoy" being miserable and the attention we get from well wishers. We enjoy it so much that we perhaps "seek" out misery. For them the glass isn't just half-full, but the person that drank the other half ended up spitting it out in their face before stealing their CD collection and then kicking their dog on the way out.

My creed is that: Happiness is the only good. The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now. The way to be happy is to make others so.

- Robert G. Ingersoll

That quote makes so much sense to me. If you are making other people happy...how can you not get some of that overflow of happiness on you? It's like painting on canvas without getting paint on you...won't happen. Or scarfing down a sundae...cleanly!

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 02:52 PM

dear folks, grace, yep thats cool..

and arch i really like the one by mr ingersoll.

its so true isnt it..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 06:53 PM

Thanks Cattle... Arch, very good too!

Ok.. just a couple

- Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. - John Barrymore

- Happiness doesn't depend on what we have, but it does depend on how we feel toward what we have. We can be happy with little and miserable with much. - William Dempster Hoard

No explanation... perhaps some of you can relate. It's good to share happiness! (and making others smile...)

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:14 PM

fantastic quote ole cattle. I think that's something we should all strive for.

Agnos

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 06:52 AM

I have found these definitions of happiness, all of them have a point.

Democritus, (460?-370? BC)

Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul.

Sharon Salzberg

It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years - we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on.

Anon

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

And I find these next amazing�.

Mary Baker Eddy

Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires ALL MANKIND TO SHARE IT.

Lord Byron

All who would win joy, must SHARE it; happiness was born a twin.

Victor Hugo

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved � loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.

If we have something, from a simple plate of food to the love or our heart and we can not share it... that possession is not complete, it does not make us/me happy.

And... not been loved at all is the major disaster. The most important thing for a baby/child is feeling the love of their parents... The most important for an adult is feeling that he/she is loved and could share his/her own with others...

As we are loved by the most Important of all, God, we all should be happy... no matter what.

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:18 AM

dear agnos, ahh i like this one here.

ole cattle

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

Agnos

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 09:14 AM

Yes! Ole, that one is certainly a tough truth... sometimes when what we have materially or concerning of people around us who love us, is too few or almost null, it is hard to find the way to be happy ... in those times we kind of pray... "Hello, Father, open my eyes to see the little flower in the middle of this marshy wilderness" ... :rolleyes:

Coming back to the "serious" point.

See this quote about happiness.

Albert Camus:

But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?

Happiness as a concept is related or similar to the concept of Freedom.

If we are happy we feel so free!!!

When we are free, we maybe still need to find our way to happiness but it is more easy to look of it.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery [the famous author of The Little Prince, one of my favorites books] said" "I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind"

That one is good, because our mind leads our acts... generally.

About freedom the best of all:

John 8.32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

And now that sentence about change to:

If we are free the way Jesus says... we are so happy!!!!

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:50 AM

Hey Forum ,

Since i like cooking and im proud to say im very good at it , i will share with u my secret recipe of Happiness, but don't tell any one, its a secert, shhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

-- Two heaped cups of patience,

-- One heartful of love ,

-- Two handfuls of generosity

-- One headful of understanding,

and a dash of humor

Sprinkle with kindness,

add plenty of faith and mix well

speard over a perod of a lifetime

and serve to everyone you meet

Bon Apetite l

GraceMae

View Profile
History
happiness
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 06:55 PM

People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within. - Ramona L Anderson

- I like your recipe cutedali! Amen Agnos! ~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2