Author Thread: Seperate the Men from the Boys
AmberLynn619

View Profile
History
Seperate the Men from the Boys
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 01:34 PM

From the book:

"The Unspoken Rules of Love" by Michelle McKinney Hammond and Joel A. Brooks Jr.

What do you think of this list of qualities to look for in a man?

Anything you would add?

"Seperate the Men from the Boys.

God�s idea of a mature man:

God-centered vs. self-centered: God is the center of his life, his worldview, and his decisions. This man bases his life on God�s Word and the rules that God gives for relationships. He responds to difficulty according to God�s direction and not by what he feels. He is not arrogant or selfish. He is able to serve for the betterment of everyone even though it may cost him.

Sensitive to others: This man is not rude. He considers others better than himself. He is patient and kind. He is motivated by your needs and slow to point out your faults. He attempts to make you feel secure and is sensitive to your weaknesses.

Self-controlled: A mature man does not have temper tantrums. He does not feel the need to demonstrate his displeasure by upsetting the atmosphere with shifting moods and unpleasant behavior. He walks in discipline in his personal life and does nothing that would encourage you to compromise your Godly standards. He understands the difference between being spontaneous and compulsive.

Responsible: A mature man does not run from pressure. He is a problem-solver. When there is a need, he steps up to the plate and follows through with decisive action. He is also able to admit when he is wrong and rejoice when you are right. He is able to receive correction as well as give it. He is aware of his God-ordained responsibility towards a woman and is moved to protect and provide for her. He is reliable and can be trusted.

Open and communicative: A mature man tells you at all times what is on his mind and where he is. If he is going through a difficult period, you don�t have to guess what�s going on. He initiates discussion about his difficulties in a non-accusing way and is open to your thoughts in working out a solution.

Submitted to authority: A mature man respects authority and is motivated by principle. He does the right thing because it is the right thing to do. He does not abuse his own authority, because he understands the principle of leading by serving, Just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it even though he was lord over it, this man will give himself for you and be an authority you can yield to because his leadership is based on love.

When considering the man in your life, check the list. If the numbers don�t add up, subtract yourself from the relationship. The bottom line is that you cannot change him-don�t even try it. When dating, leave your mothering instincts at home. If you don�t, the immature man will take advantage of your nurturing and the mature man will respond negatively to it. Stay focused on what you are looking for: a husband, a priest, a lover, a cover. A man who can handle the job description. So make it clear by the way that you carry yourself that little boys need not apply."

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 08:44 PM

God, dear LORD, thank you! Arch.... you said "you might think about "dating" some one smarter...like a ripe tomato maybe. I'm rolling in laughter again! :ROFL::ROFL:

It's been a long work day and another tomorrow, but I tell yall what. It's been good cause I got some downtime tonight and the forums give me a little more wisdom and insight into the hearts of women and men trying to live in lline with the Word. God bless you all!! :purpleangel:

I think the owners of this site "do" pray for the well being of it's members cause we've all been blessed by one another! Amen and Amen again. ~ GraceMae

cherished2

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 04:40 PM

Grace....

Please dont take this wrong.... But I just love you!!

You make me smile everytime I read your thoughts and get a small little peek into your heart! You are a treasure, indeed!

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 05:19 PM

dear cherri. amen to that..

ole cattle

AmberLynn619

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 02:20 PM

GraceMae,

Glad you liked it!

I think it's important to let the guy make the first move. If a guy isn't willing to take a chance and speak to you the first time, he's probably not going to be willing to stand up for you in other areas down the line...

Page : 1 2