Author Thread: A Promise that you can�t miss what God has for You!
GraceMae

View Profile
History
A Promise that you can�t miss what God has for You!
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:07 PM

Ok, so I�d been looking for a book I have in my library and finally found it.. So I�m sharing some �food for thought� for us!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt:

He Can�t get Away!

Another promise is that you can�t miss what God has for you. �Your� man cannot get away! The Holy Spirit will be on his case big time until he lines up with God�s chosen plan for his life. You must remember that God ordains every detail of our lives in order to place us in the most effective position for the kingdom of God. Marriage is one of thos positions. When God decides you will be more effective for Him in marriage, He speaks it, and it is so. It�s important for us to have a bigger picture of marriage beyond our personal desires. Marriage isn�t just about reaching a much-wanted destination. It goes further than that. In God�s plan it reaches beyond us to the surrounding community and, perhaps, even to the world.

Marriage is designed to be an integral part of kingdom business. It is a ministry, therefore God is profoundly interested in our marriage plans. He wants them to line up with His plans. Joseph and Mary were called to raise the Son of God. To what might He be calling you and your husband? To raise a child who might one day be a great minister? To have a ministry of your own? To develop a marriage that sets a good example and glorifies God�s name to people around you? Great or small, it�s all ministry, and it�s all important to God. This is crucial to understand so you can carry out the ministry of marriage effectively. When God decides that�s where you will be most effective, you won�t be able to miss it!

The Word says that the blessings of the Lord will overtake us. That�s good news that sets us free! That means that no matter what mistakes we make, we cannot usurp the calendar of events that God has planned. One last story backs up that statement.

Sarah was married to Abraham, a man who truly believed the promises of God. But there was one promise Sarah couldn�t believe: that she would bear a child, and be the mother of many nations. Well, at the age of 90 it was no small wonder that she had trouble believing! But God meant what He said, and said what He meant. Despite the fact that Sarah chose to take matters into her own hands, God carried out His plan. Sarah�s plan was to have her handmaid bear Abraham�s child. When her handmaid gave birth to a child, nothing turned out as Sarah had planned. Even though her plan failed, it did not circumvent God�s declaration that she was to be the grand mama of a might nation.

At the appointed time, God chose to glorify Himself by fulfilling His promise, and He did so in the face of seemingly impossible circumstances. Sarah bore Abraham a child in her old age. Yes, God delights in impossible situations, they are opportunities to prove His power, His love, and His determination to fashion us into overcomers. So who are you going to truest in the light of such wonderful promises?

( from "What To do Until Love Finds You" by Michelle McKinney Hammond)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all of this I say, don�t ever under-estimate the power of God even when we can�t see the what and whys� of what He�s doing in our relationships. Be encouraged! God bless you! :glow:

~ GraceMae

Patty1986

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 10:33 AM

Thank you so much for that post! I loved it, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. :glow:

blessings for you sister,

Patty

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 11:35 AM

dear patty, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

LUVmyJESUS

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2010 01:27 PM

That is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to share. It does give some kind of peace/rest to the soul when it is hurtingg Thx again! =)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 05:32 PM

Thank u so very,very much 4 those words of comfort. They were exactly what I prayed and asked for:dancingp: