Author Thread: What is honorable
Admin

What is honorable
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 02:00 PM

Friends I am curious as to what you think about this issue.

I believe that we are to treat are fellow ladies as our sisters,

with great respect and honor.Dennis

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 02:50 PM

dear dg, i believe that we should show respect for every one we meet both men and women .. then its up to them to earn the right to keep it..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 08:12 PM

Howdy..... dgr your question " Friends I am curious as to what you think about this issue.I believe that we are to treat are fellow ladies as our sisters,with great respect and honor.Dennis "

Yes, I think you should respect and honor. I also believe that as we deal with each other we look at and for certain signs that our friends, whether women or men, actually believe and live what they say they believe about the Word of God. There is only one truth of the Word. I also think we are called to love one another regardless.

As you titled this "What is honorable".... I believe what shows integrity and character in a person is how they show or exhibit the Word of God in their lifestyle and the things they say and how they treat others. What is honorable is that we love anyway. What is not honorable is a person who says one thing, but lives and responds to the Word of God his/her own way. Our test and challenge as a friend, is to keep loving. respecting and honoring anyway. When a friends lifesyle is not in kilter with the truth of God's word, we, well I honor the fact that I love them anyway, but not honoring the things they do. I can get to appoint where I talk to a friend about right and wrong, and they don't accept it, but... I can't do anything about that but still "honor" the fact that it is the rigiht thing to do.

As people who are not my friends, like passer-by's in the workplace or out on the streets, we have an obligation to be respectful to them anyway... they may or may not be believers, however we're called to show the Christ in us to everyone. All the time the "onus" or burden or responsibilty remains on us.

Thanks for the post.... good.

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 01:13 PM

Jesus said to love others like ourselves. And he said to love our neighbors. That is the way we should treat everyone. I think it honors and pleases God when we do.

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 03:26 PM

dear lamby, amen

ole cattle

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 12:23 AM

absolutely respect everyone. we should take every opportunity to display the love of God to everyone around us. Being a christian is to be christ-like, it actually means "little christs"

yes, we get upset but be careful of our words. They are very damaging, let God deal with those people that rub you the wrong way. Our job is to love them.

2 Cor 4:18

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I inserted that scripture because i feel like we get caught up in things that we cannot change. the important thing is Jesus and where our spirit is going when our body stops functioning. Nothing we do or say will change anyone, that's God's job.

Well, I love everyone on here and I pray for unity despite differences.

blessings,

Jennifer

View Profile
History
What is honorable
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 12:14 PM

Thanks for your comments