Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 03:52 PM

me

cherished2

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 12:40 AM

I love me too!

Because God loves me, Christ loves me..... and I think they are just about the bomb and I work every day to try and be more like them! (However, I think it's the Jesus in me that I love the most, by far!)

cherished2

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 12:46 AM

Love you too, Arch!

Especially when you wear that adorable little shawl over your droopy ears!!

:yay:

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 01:17 AM

That's it!

Practice on yourself first. Christ Loves you. How can you Love anyone else if you can't Love yourself? Love

Love!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 11:28 AM

Ah, there's a twist though...we're supposed to die to self and become like Christ. So in reality, if we're living a christian life, when we "love ourselves" we should just be loving Jesus twice. He is what makes us valuable. I think everyone has a unique "core" personality to start with. It's what makes us...us. Then over time...the world gets to pile all kinds of pain and crud on it until it's hard, arrogant, perverted, self-serving...all that stuff. We're supposed to be trying to replace our krappy character with Christ's character and let our personality shine through it. That way we stay unique, but still become like Christ...self-sacrificing and perfect in God's eyes. I don't think we'd look very good without Christ...and I don't think we should love anything about our character that is not like His. Get rid of it, and become a new creature.:rocknroll::purpleangel:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 04:18 PM

Don't,

Good point and thank you for "thinking" non-linearly.

Don't mistake Loving yourself with self-gratification. To begin with- my body is not me...it "belongs" to me. but it is not ME. My voice is not me...my irreverant sarcasm is not me...my cute dislocated little toe on my left foot (playing football) is not me. I am the "spirit"...the "soul"...the Immortal Being inside this body. That is what I am talking about Loving. That is the one we have to Love before we can Love anybody else. That is the one God Loves and the one Jesus Died for. Jesus did not Suffer for a body...for a personality...for a cute dislocated pinky toe.

So...thanks for pointing that out. As Christians we are called to Mortify the body. To "die" of this world. I feel the more you Love whom you truly are (an immortal creature) the less you will want to "cling" to this world.

Oh...Don't...how is it going with your new (1)! I pray for you and her.

Steve

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 06:48 PM

Hey thanks, it's goin' good. She's been here to see me a couple times now, and planning a couple more so...:hearts:. The only problem is that now we're starting to really feel the 4 hour distance between us, and since I don't have a car at the moment, the driving has been mostly on her. We cut a deal though, lol...she drives, and I pay for everything. I appreciate any prayers out there though, thanks:prayingm:.

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 08:28 PM

You go, dude! From what I can tell about you, she's a VERY lucky lady! What a lovely long distance arrangement! Four hours is the second town down the road where I'm from! You're an encouragine inspiration to all of us who would love to meeting some very fine people on this site who are just "so far away" . . . great oldy song playing in the background, hear it? God greatly bless you both!

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 09:32 PM

dear hitman, you both got my prayers man.

ole cattle

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Tell
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 06:48 AM

I appreciate the encouragement, thanks guys. Not sure how lucky she is, but I know how lucky I am:goofball:. And the distance might be a good test of our resolve. A few trials here at the beginning might go a long way down the road a bit. Just have to wait/hope and see....

Page : 1 2