Author Thread: My best friend broke my heart
Admin

My best friend broke my heart
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 01:28 PM

Just found out my two best friends really betrayed me last night. Found conversations between the two of them, where they accused me of very hurtful things, a lot of slander. For a few months now, I've been trying to re-connect with Jesus. I've re-accepted him back into my life, and growing stronger in my faith everyday. They take it as me looking down on people or being fake, and admitted that I have changed, although they think it's for the worst. They're seeing changes in my everyday life, and since they're not saved and they're in the world, they don't realize what's happening. I've tried witnessing to them, and they rejected the message. They think I'm a Jesus freak now, or think I'm faking it. I've known for a while that I was going to have to end things with them because they're bad influences for someone who's trying to take baby-steps in their faith. I just didn't know how.

For a few weeks now, I've been having weird dreams. I had one where I was laying in bed comfortably and went to lift my head up from my pillow, and I couldn't. It felt like someone was forcing my head down, and the more I struggled the worse it got. I kept screaming out for Jesus, and as my voice got louder, the force got weaker and I finally was able to lift my head up. I know that we all have enemies in our life, and that they can be friends or family members or even lovers, but I never expected such betrayal from them, especially my closest friend. We've been friends for five years, and I considered her my sister and did so much for her.

I know that God revealed it to me last night, because I found out in the most simple way all of their conversations. They say what's done in darkness will come to light. :rolleyes: I guess he knew that the two of them were the forces in my life that were holding me back, and he decided to remove them. It's really hard, because I talk to them all the time all day every day, and it'll be hard to not cry, to not want to call them and make up. But I know that ending the friendships are for the best.

Please pray for me, that during this time on trials in my life, I will stay strong and confident in the Lord and know that it's for the best honestly.

Be blessed everyone,

Serena

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 02:37 PM

dear beauty, sometimes it does hurt us to have to release bad influences in our lives.. sounds like youve found out where you stood with these two and you are now movin in the right direction.. you shouldnt have any trouble makin new friends. cause you know how to be a friend.. maybe now look for christian friends as you are a child of GOD now.. and youd be better off specially starting out as you say taken baby steps in the faith..to be around more christian folks.. you witnessed to em and well not eveyones gonna jump on board right away and some never do.. but you can sure witness to them now by livin your life as JESUS wants you too .. you just live your life and be happy and content in the LORD and one day they too may want what you got.. hang in there young lady..

will be prayin for ya too.

ole cattle

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 04:38 PM

Serena,

Sorry to hear about your friends. I have some friends who are not believers and when we get together we have good times but they too somewhat reject the message. I'm sorry that your friends have rejected you and the new life you have come to live. Keep up your faith and do as Cattle suggested and find some Christian friends to hang with. You'll be fine!! I"m sure of it!! Later!~

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 07:47 PM

Serena:

So sorry to hear about your friends. I've had the same thing happen to me, and similiar dreams also.

I have friends that are non-christians but I had to let a lot of them go -- or they let me go -- when I accepted Christ. It takes time, but I believe God will bless what you are doing and bring you new Christian friends.

Hang in there - hang tight to God.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 08:14 PM

Serena, what the others have told you is true. Stay strong in your faith. Thank God for His revelation. ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 03:36 PM

It would be nice if everyone could win the Lotto,

but then it would not be special...and not worth much. Some people have to lose...not everyone will be saved...the path towards Heaven is "Narrow".

You've been "removed" from the pack. Selected -- as it were -- for something very special and wonderful. Your journey towards Heaven will not be an easy one...it will not be "painless". There will be Many temptations...many obstacles...many "friends" trying to divert you...to convince you that you are making a mistake.

Forgive them...Pray for them, but walk away from them. Every tear...every hurt...every "broken" relationship that is caused by this New Walk of yours should be lifted up to Jesus and through whatever pain or suffering you are feeling...you should "SING" His Praises and thank Him for the opportunity to Suffer for Him!

Feel your pain...cry...mourn, then let it go and sit with your King and listen to Him. Ask Him for Strength...for Grace. WALK TALL! You are no longer a slave. You are now FREE. You are now a Warrior! Shoulders back -- chin up -- chest out! You are A Christian! The most Powerful thing on this Planet. You have Brothers and Sisters that would die for you...that Love you!

Be Loved

Steve

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 02:38 PM

Ouch girl, I'll be praying for ya. For what it's worth-you made the right choice

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 10:29 PM

Thanks for all the advice everyone, it was great and really what I needed to hear. Love you all!!:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 03:25 AM

Serena, there are two books called "Jesus Freaks" and they are about people who have died instead of denying Jesus.

So if your friends call you that, it is not an insult but a complement.

Take heart Jesus said he would never forsake you or leave you, no matter what.

He is faithful and true.

Even our believing in Him is a gift from Him.

The "footsteps in the sand", is true for all our lives.

Hang in there and hang onto Jesus, no matter what.

That is all I can do when life knocks me about, is hang onto Jesus, and if I can't and I give up [have done that once], He hangs onto me and never lets go, and He will do the same for you.

heislord

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 12:15 AM

Everyone goes through this but you draw strength from the Lord. You have to let them go, it's a must. Because your job now is to be a light to the dieing world. You will meet new Christian friends that will become family. Let them go, before they draw you back into the world. I have a friend that I have known for 10 years. I went to my first concert with him, and to the prom with him. I just found out he is Gay. I felt so bad. But someone who is not a friend of Christ is not a friend of mines. So I have to let him go untill he finds deliverence. It's hard but you can do it.