Author Thread: how do ya let someone down easy?
Admin

how do ya let someone down easy?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 04:32 PM

dear folks, theres an artform to letting folks down easy.. some folks have got it down and some like me havent a clue hehe.. so how do you go about lettin someone down easy? thanks

ole cattle

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 06:26 PM

If you get "the answer" to that one Cattle, you could probably sell it! :laugh: I think it might turn out to be an "oxymoron" though . . . let someone down sounds ~ well ~ hard.

It also depends on how invested both people are. Whatever you do, DON'T string it along out of fear that you will hurt someone. If your heart's not in it, give them back their life. Voice of experience . . . sadly.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 07:34 PM

I don't think there is an easy way, they other person has responsibility for thier own feeliing. The importance is to be kind, and truthfull.

Mark

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 07:42 PM

Be kind, be firm, be specific.

If done in person or on the phone (the best), tone of voice is important. If done in email or letter, than the words you choose are important.

Those are my suggestions. You could also practice first on a friend and practice how it sounds to yourself and your friend.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 08:30 PM

dear mse, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 09:08 AM

Yeah...I'm pretty bad at this too...I don't think there is an easy way. Just have to talk about it with them.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 09:32 AM

Hey Cattle,

Mark said it well. To be kind and truthful.

When I receive a "wink" or and e-m ail from a woman expressing interest and I am not interested, then I simply send them a quick thank you. " Than youfor writing me and expressing your interest, however I do not believe we would be compatible. God bless you in your search.

Something like that.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 03:07 PM

Ole' cattle it is all in how you say it. I like it whn a lady says

thank you for writing me, however, I am writing someone right now that I like. Then they write, god bless you. It is a polite way of saying good bye, Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 07:12 PM

dear folks,. thanks yawl.. they all are right good posts here..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2010 03:53 PM

always be truthful. but you never know, friendship could blossom from any one of the emails or winks we all get.

Jennifer

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2010 09:01 PM

Dennis and Jennifer... I like your responses. I think those are great approaches for the first time contact when you know you're not interested. I find it harder though for someone you've started communicating with and then have to take that next step to cut the ties. I guess as Mark says you just gotta deal with it and pray that the person is just as understanding with your honesty and will receive it well. Thanks for the post, Cattleman.

~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2