Author Thread: The spirit behind "Christian" music
Admin

The spirit behind "Christian" music
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 04:59 PM

It seems in Christian music that anything goes. Much of the "Christian" music can not be discerned from the secular as far as the beat and instruments. It seems I have to hear lyrics before I can even tell if it is supposed to be a Christian song. Many songs mirror the songs of the world. I am interested in your thoughts....not asking you to agree but want to know if you see a difference. Are we supposed to sound like the world's music but just say the name Jesus as the only difference?

roeroe

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 06:28 AM

excellent answer simple man!!

to me Music is a form of Love....the right music...lyrics that speak the truth!! All Love....If it's saving our young....it's a grand form of Love....Praise God!.....We must see the beauty in everything!

Roe Roe

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2011 05:36 PM

A good way to avoid the appearance of evil is to start by loving the LORD with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. Because a lot of what happens in the church (never mind what instruments we use in music) makes us look like the world: divorce, ignoring tithe, gossip and false doctrine that puts us more in line with paganism than the Gospel.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2013 09:05 PM

Anthony.....I loved your answer! I went thru the whole era of teachings that certain beats or chord progressions were "of the Devil", rock n' roll is the Devil's music.....all that. But the longer I walk with the Lord, I feel impressed that it matters little the style of music we enjoy, as long as it doesn't glorify sin and disobedience to God and that the heart of God is way more concerned about how we treat others, if we are Christians even when no one is looking, does a man love his wife like Christ loved the church, does the wife honor and support her husband, do you live within your means and pay your bills like you agreed and look to bless others and seek to know and please your Heavenly Father in everything you do..........

Page : 1 2