Author Thread: My Experiences on Here
Admin

My Experiences on Here
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 04:42 PM

It seems that even when I write to the men who seem really nice and who I know love the Lord with all their hearts, they don't want to write back. I don't know what it is about the men who come on this site, but they aren't very friendly. I get a lot of what I call "lookielous," but that's about it. I had one guy come on here just recently who wanted to call me and was all excited, and when the day came, I waited and waited and waited for the phone call, and NOTHING! He said that he went to go visit his son in Bend, Oregon and would call me when he got back home. I never heard from him, and he deleted his profile, too. It was so disappointing! Why are you men like that? I don't ask for much at all except some common courtesy. I am searching for the man of my life, and I hope that God will send one to me someday soon. I want God's will in everything for my life. I'm certainly not blaming God for anything because without Him, there is no life. I praise God for every day I get to rise up out of bed and am still breathing. I'm a simple woman who doesn't expect a whole lot from anyone, and I don't ask for a whole lot. Why doesn't anyone answer me on this site? It happens on other sites, too, but they cost money, and I can't afford to pay to find the love of my life. Does anyone have any answers here?:excited:

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 05:17 PM

I don't know what to tell you other than because it's a free site, there are a wide variety of people with varying degrees of sincerity. I think paying sites have a higher degree of those with serious intentions because of the financial investment. Awesome thing God can bless you through this site or no site. I'm believing with you!

IamIsabel

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 09:58 PM

Hello Ms Debbie,

I'm sorry you are having those experiences on here. I read a recent post on here from a man who said that men may get the wrong idea about women who make the first move. Maybe this is a good question to go to the "ask a guy" forum. They are best to know their own kind.

Personally, I am not looking for a man but looking for friends and I have met some here. I have met most of them on the forums. It's a good way to meet folks and see what they are really about.

P.S. Some people just don't have any class and it has nothing to do with you.

wes-nixon

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 11:52 AM

I think part of the reason could be that chivalry is suppose to be dead which I think its just a cop out for the guys not tough enough to be a true guy and open the car door a women or give his coat when she is cold. I think its stupid but it seems to be the way this world has gone. Its a twisted view but it seems like we have to live with it cause the world isnt getting better but there are still a few of us guys who have been told to respect women there whole life they are just few and far between. I find it more in my generation (twenties) that dont know how to respect women at all or be chivalrous but some kids get taught right by there parents.Just keep your head up cause God will bring some one and it might be in a way your not thinking it would happen

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 02:58 PM

dear wes,, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 05:49 PM

MsDebbie,

You serve a God of abundance, He has many sons and He has one set aside just for you. Hold fast to your faith in the God you serve.

God has His eye on you.

Blessings,

Seuss

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 07:51 PM

I too have been hurt here, but at the same time have made some good friends. I met a guy on this website who hurt me. I know he never meant to. He was married four times. He is still dealing with past hurts and resentments toward her. We used to flirt a lot. We also sent texts to each other. I spent a couple of days with him. He was so different at his home. We got together with his daughter who is so sweet. I feel sad for him at times. He was two faced. What is weird is, on his profile he said he does not like people who play games. Well, I felt as if he did with me.

After I left his place, he changed. He was so cold towards me and distant. Whenever I let him know I cared about him, he kept pushing me away and told me "I am fine don't worry about me" He has a lot of good qualities, and he is a good man. He is hurting so much. All I can do is pray for him. I got my hopes up, but have to remind myself not to do that again.

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 01:30 PM

:waving:hi Debbie, sorry things have been hard for u. the only advice i can give u is take things with a grain of salt u will meet ppl on every site just like that, my feeling is u probably dodged a bullet. there is no telling what issues he had and God may have intervened for u (He has for me).:prayingm:

U will meet lots of very nice ppl on here dont limit ur self i know u r looking fora companion but u can make both male and female friends until the Lord sends u the one for u.

There is a lady i heard in one of the forums that said she has a "thick skin" , if u r going to use a dating site u really have to find that skin or ur feeling will stay hurt.

take thing light and easy and u will have a good time in here.

blessings.:dancingp:

Seuss

View Profile
History
My Experiences on Here
Posted : 1 Apr, 2010 08:20 AM

Thank You. I am tougher that people know I am. My problem is that tend to get my hopes up. I need to be careful what I say here. I will leave it at that. I have been hurt a lot in the past, and so will be more careful in the future. Hey, we all are human and make mistakes. So, I go on and take better care of myself. This guy is a good guy, and deserves someone nice too. I do not want to appear as if I am putting him down. I too have a lot of good friends who are always there for me. Thank God for this website