Author Thread: My Single Adventures
Satisfied

View Profile
History
My Single Adventures
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 11:56 PM

I wrote this blog a while back but its still relevant today. Let me warn all my readers first... its long.. If you suffer from A.D.D... Pop your pills now... lol

If you are a friend, or have read my blogs before.. you probably know that I am a single man(when I do get in a relationship, I will have to change a lot of blogs--or at least the two that deal with singleness) Anyhow, sorry about that, guess another thing you know is that I joke around with this self diagnosed A.D.D. that I believe I have more now then ever. So, as I was saying� I am single and when I was entering into this single thing, I will admit; I stepped into it with a rather big head. I figured that being single would be a piece of cake, I would stay single for a few months, find the woman of my dream and live happily ever after. Hmm, a year later I am still single but happy nonetheless. As stated in my other blogs, being single has its benefits. My adventures of singleness has been pretty interesting to say the least. I have been on my fair share of dates and honestly, I am starting to feel like I need to take a break. I have met some wonderful people on my journeys, but that person that I have that chemistry with, spiritually compatible, has a non-married status and has the rest of the features that I am looking for in a mate. My friend set me up with this one woman; from the beginning she seemed like she was a winner. I mean she was beautiful, intelligent, we had a pretty descent chemistry together, she played pool, was a football and basketball fan and a lot of other great qualities. While my friend set us up, my friends boyfriend kept warning me that this girl was crazy and told me to get out while I can. I figured it would be something I had to figure out for myself so we set a date and went out. The date went well, we had a pretty descent and deep conversation and she brought me to meet her parents(I guess this could have been a good sign that something was going wrong), soon as she stepped away from her parents, her father looked me in the eyes and said "Your a.. must be a glutton for punishment� that b... is crazy".. I later told her what her father said and she just laughed it off. When we left from her parents house we went to get something to eat and in that conversation, she starts talking about plans for the future and I notice that in her plans, I am in it. She proceeds to talk about the children we will have.., where we will live, ect.. Yep, safe to say that was our last date ever. Moving on to another date, totally different experience�. I went out with this other woman I met.. she was absolutely beautiful but the more that I talked to her, the more I realized she had the IQ of a rock� aight, I won't even say anything more about that date, it truly went no where and the story will bore you. Another dating story I had is when a woman that I met invited me over to her house for dinner. I arrived at her house and was surprised at her living arrangements. She was living LARGE!!! Top level condo with a loft and wrap around balcony in Crystal City� anyhow, while she is cooking I am looking around and I venture over to her collection of books� witch craft, voodoo, and the list goes on. I peak around the corner and start small talk.. starting with her religious beliefs.. come to find out she is a Hatien and believes in Voodoo. Interesting, my first thought that was verbalized� don't leave nothing behind was my first inaudible thought .. third thought is, what is the most tactful way to leave her house� I couldn't really find a tactful way to leave her house so I just bounced. (don't judge me). I still haven't answered the phone or returned her phone call(pray for me people). I have been on dates where the ex boyfriend shows up and starts causing a scene, but the dates where the woman goes on and on about her ex boyfriends or into deep thought about how all men are dogs, or even the ones where they break down in tears because of things that has happened in their past relationships always stand out amongst the best.

View Profile
History
My Single Adventures
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 05:42 AM

Satisfied??! I will give you time to take your pill. Don't want you to be like this guy :bouncy:. :laugh:

Your post was very funny. I've had my own adventures since I've been single as well. (You can check out the post right here in this forum, a few posts down about nightmare blind dates, hilarious!)

Your post made me want to read your profile. No one can EVER say you don't know exactly what you want. I'm pretty sure that your dream girl is out here, just got to find her.

I didn't judge too harshly on the voodoo thing, I would have rolled out too. I probably would have told him (If the situ had been reversed) why I was leaving. But I would have done so with the door already opened with my hand on the knob so that all I had to do when finished talking was close the door. :dancingp: I will remember her in prayer, her soul is at stake.

Okay, I'm too old, have too many kids, does being in shape include us big-boned women? :laugh:, my parents are not together and the list goes on and on.....but if you are looking for a friend, feel free to private message me.

I'm missing my buddy P-luc, my nemesis. He and I would get into hot debate every other day about something. Don't be surprised if I without provocation rile you. :peace:

For real, I wish you the best in finding her. If your ways please God, He will give you the desires of your heart. And then we will be reading your 'My Married Adventures'! :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
My Single Adventures
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 09:02 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to thank you for private messaging me. I have found some people here so rude. They post commentary and me, thinking how I would feel if I posted something and people were viewing it but didn't say anything, I comment and my consideration gets no reward.

Well, I'm so glad to have met you. People may comment now. The forum has been kinda dead as of late.

Be blessed and have a good one. :purpleangel: :laugh:

View Profile
History
My Single Adventures
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 09:41 PM

That's too funny. At least she wasn't able to get a lock of your hair. (LOL. jusyt kidding)

I wouldn't advise anyone to make Ms. 1Babygirl upset. She's old school-"aiight!":laugh:

She'll cut ya!

Just kidding, she's really sweet. It would behooth you to respond to her!

I've had my fair share of run-ins, but so far haven't ran into Marie Laveau yet.:prayingm:

(I think I was married to her sister though)

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
My Single Adventures
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 07:59 AM

That is just awful....dont let it dissuade u she is out there.

U have to sort through the bad to get to the good.

blessings.