Author Thread: Age attraction...(touchy subject!!!)
PEM4

View Profile
History
Age attraction...(touchy subject!!!)
Posted : 1 May, 2010 06:01 AM

I as 42 yr not a teenager or the elderly...

Why am I attracting the extremes in ages younger or older?

When kids 19 years old, (my songs age 18, 20 ) make a pass at me, I feel sick... that is cradle-roll snatching... When a 25 year old followed me around in Burlington Coat Factory and expressed his attraction.. I am begin to think there is something wrong with me...

And what is it with men that are the same same age as my dad 69yrs pursing me... When a 68 year man told me off because I told him we are not compatible(I did not told him his age was the issue, but finally had to say that was the reason). A 73 year telling me he is interested in me makes me what to run away and hide..

Tell me why or what is causing these age group to be attracted to me?

Why are men my age group so scarce?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 06:20 AM

Hey girl! I've been up all early in the morning for no reason! Ahhh! I got it. I will go pray after I finish here.

For many reasons men your (and almost my) age are looking for younger women.

I get the same thing. Young guys can be very persistent that they are mature enough and you hurt the pride of older men when you tell them that you desire someone younger.

All I can say is that there ARE a percentage of men in your age group who are looking for a woman in your age group because they have learned that the wisdom and the virtue that comes with age and experience is of great value.

Every person has their preference and I'm sure each of the guys in all age groups that have pursued you have a different motivation.

As for me, I would prefer someone mature and wise, 5 to 15 years older than me, but I'm trying to stay flexible and discerning, not knowing how God's blessing for me will come wrapped. I pray it's no one younger. I desire to grow old WITH my spouse and not BEFORE.

All you can do is stand by your preference.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 07:01 AM

They aren't scarce. They are out there -- but looking for ladies in their 20's.

I am in my early 50's and I have the same problem in my age group. Men my age are not looking for women my age. They are looking for women 10-20 years younger.

Keep holding to your standards and keep looking. Good luck to you, sister!

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 08:15 AM

Hey Babygirl,

Nice talking to you again.. Like you I am attracted to older men not the extremely older ones. I have even communicated and being on a date with an attractive and athletic 57 year old man.. ( physically he was fit and healthier and look way better than some guys my age..

I afraid to start a relationship with someone so close to my parents age.. I feel as if I am disrespecting them.. Just very awkward to also introduce that person to my children.. .. Just so happen those are the good men who are requesting to settle down with me...

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 08:23 AM

Thank you sweetie..

Your comments made me feel happier than I have been feeling lately about this issue. You and Babygirl is so right about men our age.. Well aint that something.. because we are high seasoned and ready to start living that sincere and pure love that they are seeking and is unable to find. ...I am not in a competition just will observe until he comes knocking...lol

alisadawnbt

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 08:08 PM

I agree, I keep getting 22 year olds asking me out and I am 45, It sickens me,lol

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2010 05:08 AM

so you are feeling my discomfort also?...lol.. You know, a few of my close girlfriends had advised me to think of it as a self esteem builder.. It is bothering me.

I guess I am trying to identify the issue in order to resolve it to achieve my goal of meeting guys my age group...lol.. Somehow it is looking more like I would have to drink from the fountain of youth to get back 20yrs to be on the pick list of women for my age group.. NAH!!! .... I just love ME NOW too much to compromised.

At this point in my life ....I am like fine wine that got better with age.... I think most friends men and women that I have are just begin to find true happiness and enjoy and appreciate each other and life....

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2010 10:40 AM

A friend of mine refers to dating the under thirty something crowd as paper training... just don't have the time or patience to point out the obvious to folks who just haven't seen enough yet. I mean not like I'm not an idiot in my own right but it's got a different flavor, moved on to the next workbook of life. Hoping to have some stuff figured out the rest of the way in the next forty years or so.

My analogy is more of a dog chasing a motorcycle. No brainer that twenty year old bodies are different from even the most maintained fifty year old, but I've seen a dog catch a motorcycle before... it didn't go so well. A dog that doesn't want to hop in the car and take a ride is just heading for disaster, the way I've experienced the world so far I've yet to see a schnauzer on a harley.

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2010 02:04 PM

You have brought a different twist to this who scenario...lol.. I read your response and it was good and it also made me laugh because of the picture you created..." a dog chasing a bicycle...hilarious..lol"

Thanks I got it, though

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2010 07:16 PM

Woow.. really i dont know.. but sometimes happens :P haha i dont know what to say cuz i dont have experience yet..

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2010 06:05 PM

We're not all looking for twenty-somethings... Some of us just keep a fairly low profile. But we're out here. :)