Author Thread: Will be true this biblical phrase? Where is love nowdays?
Admin

Will be true this biblical phrase? Where is love nowdays?
Posted : 4 May, 2010 08:56 PM

//Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.//

If this is true, why racism can be more stronger than love? ... between a white man and a woman with dark skin. Why do people pay attention to little and s t u p i d things and not take advantage of the beautiful opportunities that God gives us, as knowing the true love that comes from his blessed and beautiful love? Why if love can do everything, why we are afraid to fight if love itself is responsible of breaking the face to all those opposed?

I love a white man with all my reason and my heart, and i could die in peace today and right now because God allowed me to meet him at least for this site, I would gladly go to hell instead could pay all his sins in exchange for he will be ok and be happy with another white woman, because for some strange reason he came into my life and entered my soul without even knowing him of years, and God asked me for him yesterday and I had to obeyed to My Father and i had to let him go like abraham obeyed with his own sun... Even though all my life I prayed for someone like him. and I knew it was him my love...My Steven..., because the love that God taught me now days there is not exist.

The love is not enough when there is still racism in this century between 2 countries, but I thank God for having known him and loved him with the purest form I could have done.

Love is the greatest commandment that God gave us.

What are we doing about it?.....

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2010 09:14 PM

What are we doing about it hum? Where is love nowdays?

Well... with racism... that's going to exist because this is an imperfect world with impterfect people. Racism is a choice. But, I'll say.. as we all know... LOVE is a choice too...

Love CAN be enough, but we've got to make the choce to LOVE regardless of the things and circumstances around us, AND be willing to stand above all odds, anyway... In truth, many of us in the world haven't matured enough spiriitually to grasp the full impact of the sacrifice, ridicule, and persecution involved to stand and love that way.

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2010 09:11 PM

my thought is if the decision to love should have nothing to do with race, then so shouldn't the lack of love.

maybe the problem with true love or finding it has nothing to do with how people feel about race or gender, but perhaps solely related to personal reasons (experience, upbringing, personality shape, etc...)

If you talk to enough people in all those states/countries, you will find that there is no reason that could cover the masses of individuality in how people make their decisions to do what they do, choose what they choose, & run from what they're scared of. They're just people for goodness sake. Our prejudices are no more likeable to the excluded ones than anyone else. We need to stop looking at races or at ourselves as a race & just start accepting each other for who we are individually.

I don't care what color or nationality you are - I KNOW you are precious & unique & respectable & amazing & special, but it doesn't make us a couple and connectable on a personal or intimate level. Not because of a race of any kind, but b/c of the thousands of individuals that God did NOT choose to couple me with. It isn't a prejudice that I don't want to marry a certain person.

I believe in spite of your race, LOVE happens when God does it. Unless we're just following our name-that-hormone selection which should at least be outruling even others of the same race. DOES mate selection really belong to God? Or would we rather lean on our biological unctions to decide who we should be with?