Author Thread: advice on how to avoid scamers
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
advice on how to avoid scamers
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 01:54 PM

advice on how to avoid scamers,

so sorry, I also put this under dating stories by accident,

please give us your tips to follow to avoid scamers from nigeria or anywhere as of that?

There are new men and woman coming on here everyday. They need to know from those of you who are skilled in this area.

I know someone who just got 3600.00 taken from them, so sad.

God bless,,,,,,,,,, Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,, peace out!!!!!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 08:19 PM

You would think that this subject isnt needed in this day and time we live in yet a woman on here got scammed just day before yesterday,,,, for $3600.00

your answers might seem common sense to you but to them it may not be that way.

1. Dont give anyone information regarding you bank account.

2. Do not give your social security # to anypne.

3. Don't help anyone who needs your money whatsoever!

4. Wow, this all seems to be common sense things but yet their scams must be working or i wouldnt have had five or six scammers since jan. Go figure,,,,

5. Christians are way to trusting,, the word says to be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove.....

in other words,,,, THINK LIKE THE DEVIL... Woodrow Bruce

just4him1967

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 05:57 PM

I met a guy on here and everything was going well until he asked for money. At first he was so sweet . Then He said he needed money from me to get something for his computer.I

told him I didn't have any money. So it is not just women playing games but also men. May God have mercy on their souls.

just4him1967

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 03:33 AM

This happened to a lady on here this week,,, she told me she hopes it helps someone else!!!!! She is the reason for this post,,,, please dont judge her,,,,, you dont know where she was in her life that made her so Vulnerable.

God Bless,,,,,,,, Bruce.

His name was: Ray Thompson; he said that he had been on the Christian Dating website for 1 wk.. I turned his name in to the dating site.

He started out by talking about my past; he told me that he wanted to help me financially; he had called me "Dear" and "Sweetie"; he never gave much info. about himself; he somehow persuaded me that I needed to allow him to help me - with an unexpected bill I told him about; he asked a lot of questions about my child care center & I finally made it clear to him that I no longer had the center; he persuaded me to allow him to help me, so I foolishly gave him my bank acct. info.; he said that he needed the routing # and the acct. #, etc.; 2 days later, he said that he had an urgent need: he needed to wire some money to his daughter who he said was studying in England; he told me the entire time that he was a civil engineer and that he was in Spain working; I foolishly got a Western Union set up to wire $500 to the address that he gave to me; as soon as I got home and gave him the pick up #, he said that his daughter had an urgent need of $1,000 more!; I told him that Kroger was closed; he said "surely there's a store where you can go; I went over to Wal-Mart to get a Money Gram; he wanted the pick up # from the gram; he kept telling me how much he appreciated my help; 2 days later (this pastWed.) he told me that he was having a very hectic day and that he needed a new router for his computer; I asked him how much that one would cost; he said around $3,000; he told me that he really needed the router so that we could continue to chat; I told him that I had just enough left to cover my bills due next week; he asked me to check with the bank to see how much I had (he probably already knew); I told him that I would be running out of money; he promised to have the money to me next week in time to cover my bills; he said that he had $1,000; so I foolishly did one more Western Union wire for the $2,000; he said that he really appreciated it and asked for the pick up # - the money was wired to a business in England; yesterday (Thurs.) at 7:30 a.m., he sent a message to ask me what the address was on the receipt; I gave it to him and he said, just as he did throughout all of the chatting, how much he appreciated me; I received a phone call yesterday at 9:30 a.m. from my banking system - the fraud dept.- they asked me if I had wired some money to Nigeria - I told them that I wired some to England; they told me that I had been scammed. All of the money that I had was from a balance transfer from a credit card - needed to help me until I get disability. I GOT A CALL, AS I WAS ON THE INTERSTATE, ON MY CELL PHONE THIS MORNING AT 9:30 A.M. - THERE WAS A NIGERIAN - SOUNDING PERSON TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING - AFTER ASKING SEVERAL TIMES, I UNDERSTOOD HIM TO SAY THAT RAY THOMPSON NEEDED ME TO GET ONLINE; I TOLD HIM THAT I COULD PROBABLY BE BACK HOME TO GET ONLINE AT 11:30 A.M.; I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE WITH ALL OF THE INFO YESTERDAY AND TODAY I TALKED WITH A DETECTIVE ABOUT IT; I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT WANT TO SEE IF THEY COULD TRACK THE NIGERIAN WHEN I GOT ONLINE; HE TOLD ME TO GET OFF THE YAHOO WEB SITE AND NOT GET ONLINE AGAIN; so, unless a miracle happens, I will have to "kiss the money good-bye".

I don't know if you needed all of this, but maybe you can get some ideas of how to warn others. I know that God will continue to provide for me. Maybe one day in the future, God might help us to meet.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 06:51 AM

i'm really for the person that had to go through this. hmmm...never trust anyone hey never

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 05:31 AM

amen,,, thanks for the reply

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 04:42 AM

I was contacted also by a man from Nigeria; but I didn't respond. Thanks for sharing this info, Bruce. You've probably

saved many from a very bad experience.

God Bless,

Deborah:glow: