Author Thread: Time for a change......
torque

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 08:29 PM

By a lifelong stuggle to understand the female psyche i have come to the conclusion that i should change my profile to look something like this:

Hi, my name is Cliff and all i want is a woman to change me. I hearby promise to never get into arguments but if i do by accident i will answer with the phrase "You are right, i was being a moron". My dirty socks will always be in the hamper, i will always come home with flowers and compliment you for looking beautiful when you wake up in the morning. I will pray that God bless our relationship with an abundance of Prada clothes and many pairs of womens shoes in various colors. I promise to always leave the toilet seat down. I promise to make sure you always have the oil changed in your car and tires rotated regularly. I promise to never smoke crack, stay out of jail and pay all your parking tickets. I promise to never look at other women but if i should slip up and do so i will make sure to tell you what i thought was unatractive about her and mean it. I promise to go to church 6 days a week with the 1 other day completely devoted to giving you foot rubs and lifting all the heavy objects that need moving. I promise to always take out the garbage before you ask and kill all spiders and snakes before you ever see them. All jars will be opened upon demand. I will like all your freinds and family and they will like me. I promise to write you love poems everyday in french and all songs i write will have your name written in the title. I promise to listen to all complaints and agree immediatly and mean it.

So does this sound good?

Any takers?

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 11:49 PM

You make me tired or maybe it's because it is 2:42 am and I should be in bed...! Well, that discription of a perfect man definitely sounds good but also a little boring. No spontaneous combustion being a "yes" man...Just be yourself. That is the important thing. Being who you are is a whole lot more important than to present what you think they want you to be. If someone can't accept who you are then they truely don't deserve the real you. Take care!

strawberi50

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 02:57 PM

Funny...but a tad bitter. Don't worry, that's not what women really want.

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 03:00 PM

Oops, I submitted before I was finished typing. I agree with the person above me that says be yourself. There may be some people who think they can change or "train" a spouse but in doing so they are only revealing their own insecurities and doubts rather than any faults in the other person. You be yourself, seek God's direction in being the kind of husband HE wants you to be.

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 20 Jul, 2008 11:58 AM

Don't mean to sound negative but it makes you look a bit desperate. Making promises of things you think women desire. "I promise to go to church 6 days a week", "I won't look at other women", "I will like all of your friends".

I don't think you going to church 6 times a week is anymore desirable than a man who just goes on Sundays. It is certainly common for you to "look at other women" because you are human and God made people to look so vastly different. There is nothing wrong with noticing an attractive woman walking by you, its what you to after that initial glance that makes it a step too far.

Saying you will like all of her friends really is an unrealistic expectation. Her friends could be absolutely horrible. Swearing like sailors or party girls, whatever, and you may find you do not want to be around them.

Just be yourself and leave those expectations you somehow think women want, behind you.

singledan

View Profile
History
Time for a change......
Posted : 27 Nov, 2008 04:50 AM

Truly knowing Christ personaly and intimately engenders first an honestly with self. God's Word has a way of dispensing with the decieptfullness of our own hearts, giving us a truer understanding of who we are and what we are made of. In the end, there is little room for pride, self deception, and deciept, and we learn that we must keep guard against these things by having God's Word hidden in our hearts and by the power of the Holy Spirit, continualy conforming us to the immage of Christ. We are all capable of flattery and boasting of things we are not capable of accomplishing in order to get what we want. Manipulating others is a very poor and low level of relating to others. We all need to pray earnestly that God would bring us to much deeper and truer forms of communicating and loving one and other. As I grow closer and closer to the Lord, I find myself loving others more maturely, and more devoid of self.