Author Thread: Not looking for a parent for my child...yeah right
Brandy774

View Profile
History
Not looking for a parent for my child...yeah right
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 10:13 AM

:waving: Like the title? Did I grab your attention?:waving:

What are your thoughts as a single parent when dating. Are you not looking for a God fearing partner to help raise your child in the faith? Or are you afraid to state up front that you are? So many people hear "single parent" and they run.

So many times I have said ..I am just looking for love not a daddy for my child. Today I realized either I am stupid or in denial.

The pastor spoke about the spiritual role of a father in a child's life. I had a light bulb moment..I'm lying every time I say I'm not looking for a dad for my child. Her father is completely absent and she needs to know the difference between a man of God and a man of the world. As if dating wasn't hard enough.."hi my name is Brandy so how to you feel about being the step father to a 5yr old?":rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 01:47 AM

Being a single parent is already hard enough. When they are in their teenage it gets even more difficult. I am a single parent of two boys, one in his teenage. The last relationship i tried did not go down well because the guy did not seem ready to be a father to a teenager. I now know that i should not just be looking for a spouse but rather a father for my kids.

I think that all children need a father figure in their lives, to guide them, not that mothers do not, but a father has authority in the house ( i guess).

If anyone has tips on how to talk to teenagers and bring them up in accordance to God's word, please help. I've been accused of being easy on my son and letting him do as he wishes thus he is turning out to be rebellious and i dont know what to do.

springrose10

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 11:49 AM

Hi Cheeri,

I would recommend:

Boundaries With Teenagers by Cloud & Townsend

Tough Love & Parenting Isn't For Cowards by Dr. James Dobson

God's blessings to you,

Rose

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2011 07:04 AM

I just came across an article you responded to awhile back about dating and not looking for a father figure for your children, you response was very unusual but I have been there, I learned in our heavenly father's eyes there are no step parents only mothers and fathers.

Any man that might come into your life and he himself is not in love with the lord and a student of the word of God, he is not ready to be a husband much less a father. Don't ever let Satan discourage about a man that would not want to also take on four children,

The right man would consider it a privilege to be a father to your children. Don't try to force any man on the children either, the lord will work on the children when the man is his choice for you.

You are on the right path sister, your place is to simply spend time with the lord preparing you as a woman and mother to blend a family.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2011 02:15 PM

I am a single mom to my 8 year old son. And I never hide that fact. We are sort of like a package deal. A guy should also love and support my son as his own. My son never had a father and that breaks my heart. If someone would be willing to be a father to him and love him then I would be very happy. If a man would take me but will no accept my son, then I would let that man go.If a man loves me. he must also love my son because my son is part of me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2012 02:04 PM

No. I am not looking for a father for my kids!

However, in my quest for 'whom God has set aside for me' i will certainly consider my children...they have been entrusted to me.

If you have no interest in another's children, or struggle to see them, ultimately, as God's children, then that's your choice. We all have free choice! That's why we are where we are...but that's another story.....hehehe

Annabel_Lee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 05:33 AM

Ms Marvel, it sounds like you are speaking of my ex-husband to a T. He pretended to be someone he thought I wanted, and I fell in love with that person and we married. And then not long after, it's like he was a completely different person and I didn't know him at all.

I didn't want to be a single mother, and I don't believe in divorce so I fought hard for that marriage and it still ended. I am happier without him, but now I'm terrified of my daughter attaching to another person who will ultimately leave.

Page : 1 2