Author Thread: Where are the Virtous Men?
grinc3349

View Profile
History
Where are the Virtous Men?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 02:44 PM

I have read numerous profiles about guys looking for the virtous woman.. But where arethe virtous men. Men of character..I am seeing men who hide behind the name of Christian, but they are no different from the other men of the world. Players, shackers, non-committed etc. Where are the true men of God, who are seeking the true women of God....Who believe in the marriage..Committment, no sex before marriage etc.

Are there any or I am being over the top...?

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2010 09:08 PM

gr.... valid question and points you made. Yep, I wonder sometimes the same thing, but... I've come to realize. We that choose to walk righteously, and committed to trying to live out the word of God, particularly with the celibacy "bodies as a living sacrifice" specifilcally...

Well, most of us believe in God, most all of His word, until we get to the part about keeping our bodies clean. Not just men, women too. I know we as believers are all in different places in Christ, some further along than others, who've experienced the power of God in their lives, and so "know" the power of God, and have a sincere reverence for God, and that's what keeps them on the straight path. Yet, many take for granted God's grace, and just go along their way with there own idealogy when it comes to God's word.. dissecting that portion of the word to suit there way of thinking to make them ok with whatever it is they can't cut loose of.

It is so important for us to be spiritually discerning. God gives us vision. All we have to do is see it when it's revealed and keep on going. Yes, there are virtuous men.... yes, they are out there. Just keep being that "light" on the hill. You aren't at all "being over the top". When we are truly being "lights" and "salt".... the dark and the "pepper" eventually can't mix well with the combination. It becomes evident quite quickly of the mismatch... As Christians, we all have to learn and see the truth on our own. It comes sooner or later for each of us.. No fault on anyones part cause we're imperfect, and God has His own design and plan for us all, yet by the same token, we all have the choice to receive, and implement His word in our hearts and life the same. Sorry I got long-winded... ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2010 10:30 AM

Unfortunately...this is a Free Datein site...an yer so right bout some Gents not bein what they claim ta be...same goes for Gals to...

But on the flip side of that coin...there are some Gents here that are all bout GOD...its jus siften through the weeds that takes time...an alota patience...

Gods Blessin to you on yer search...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2010 12:35 PM

unfortunately, where virtue is concerned, society mandates what is and is not acceptable. "vain traditions" are perpetuated and justified because of deep cultural affiliations; a false sense of loyalty keeps people from reaching their fullest potential in Christ. BUT, because i believe God is all powerful and is faithful to keep what we have committed to him that he will continue the work of Christ till the day of Christ. so, imo, as long as there is life there is hope because of God's faithfulness. even a chance to receive a good report like Abraham for believing God at his word, which ironically means that he will do that good work in each of us.

did i ramble? lol. but to a man who committed his life to Christ, there is hope because of God's faithfulness and virtue can still be attained. our God is one of possibilities not punctuations, don't expect smooth starts and endings... the world is continually in motion... think u can imagine the rest.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 09:19 AM

Perhaps I can through in a guys thought here...or maybe just my own, haha!! I feel like I am a virtous man. I am a believer and follower of Christ...well I try my best. I believe in committment and in not having sex till marriage. Maybe in todays world that window of reality is shrinking but there are still of us out there...

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2010 02:03 PM

I hope that the women here would consider me such a person. Dennis:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 04:18 AM

Dennis,

I believe you are a virtuous Man! You are a man of Moral excellence and righteousness; of goodness. It shows in your posts.

Also...Virtue is the fifth of the nine orders of angels.

If you want to find Virtuous Men and Women...just follow the trail of Moral Excellence...of "Fruits". I believe in this Forum you will find quite a few.

They are out there, but it is more a case of Quality -- not Quantity!

Peace

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 12:36 PM

The nine orders of angels?? What is that?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 01:28 PM

Chances are they are praying for a wife instead of on a Christian Dating site, or are so Virtous they don't need a woman....LOL! ...not really...but I bet there is "a little bit " of truth in it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2010 04:10 AM

Pixy,

We know on the authority of Scripture that there are nine orders of angels:

Angels, Archangels, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Dominations, Throne, Cherubim and Seraphim.

That there are

Angels and Archangels

nearly every page of the Bible tell us, and the books of the Prophets talk of

Cherubim and Seraphim.

St. Paul, too, writing to the Ephesians enumerates four orders when he says: 'above all

Principality, and Power, and Virtue, and Domination';

and again, writing to the Colossians he says: 'whether

Thrones, or Dominations, or Principalities, or Powers'.

If we now join these two lists together we have five Orders, and adding Angels and Archangels, Cherubim and Seraphim, we find nine Orders of Angels.

Peace

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2010 11:36 AM

I agree. I am a loving, caring christian gal who has room in my life for the right man. But many say they are of God yet don't keep their word, are abusive, or hurt more than heal. I know where you're coming from. If you find any available let me know.

Page : 1 2 3