Author Thread: Where are the Virtous Men?
grinc3349

View Profile
History
Where are the Virtous Men?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 02:44 PM

I have read numerous profiles about guys looking for the virtous woman.. But where arethe virtous men. Men of character..I am seeing men who hide behind the name of Christian, but they are no different from the other men of the world. Players, shackers, non-committed etc. Where are the true men of God, who are seeking the true women of God....Who believe in the marriage..Committment, no sex before marriage etc.

Are there any or I am being over the top...?

LilyCat03

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 03:32 PM

The reason why I'm still single is because I haven't found that virtuous man who believes in refraining from sex before marriage like I do. The few boyfriends I've had said they were like that, but actions speak louder than words and I was forced to end them before I did something I would have regretted.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 07:05 PM

I have experienced the same thing. they say they want to wait until marriage but when it comes down to it, they dont. It is best to say good bye even if you like him/her.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2010 12:01 PM

Yup ! This where the differance betwix Virtuious an Morals come into play...on a standard Pyscology quiz a question is asked...

Of the Two~

Virtuious / Moral pertaining to a Man...which one would Cheat....

The answer~

A Virtuious Man has Integrity, there for He would not cheat. He is a Man of His word...

A Moral Man has yet to experiance Integrity and will speak Words that are NOT Virtuious...

Go Figue....xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2010 07:17 AM

ARGH!!!!!!! This discussion is both needed and frustrating at the same time. Needed, cause it needs to be talked about openly and honestly. Frustrating because there are still men and women that want to call themselves Christians, know how to speak the Word and yet their "fruit" is as worldly as the world in which they live. First, I think many of us forget that being Christian does NOT exempt us from human frailty, meaning that unless we are renewing our minds with the word of God and in mediation on His word, we are subject to behavior that reflects the world we live in. We must, must "be in the world but not of the world". Second, as a man of integrity today, I am not moved by the arguments of men who challenge my stance of abstinence and chastity before marriage. I say men, because first and foremost, it appears that this stance forces them to look at the behavior. I don't need to squawk about my decision, but I don't shy away from answering when it's brought up. So women continue to encounter the wolves in sheeps clothing, using the "God knows we love each other, so the sex is okay" scam. Nah, keep the clothes on and send him packing. On the other hand, there are still those women that claim a heart after God and then run for the hills when they find out that I am quite serious about keeping the clothes on. Finally, virtuous men and women may appear to be in short supply, but we're not - we men just don't tend to rattle our sabers and make as much racket as those who are not quite as sincere in their integrity. I know, bold words, but then again, I'm not a bashful kinda fella.

Great post by the way!

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2010 08:04 AM

Can I just say DITTO!!! to chmjr1965? I love your response and couldn't have said it better myself!

We ARE human and IN this world, but we are to WALK in the spirit, not in the flesh! Been THERE, done that and the results are NEVER pretty.

PRAISE GOD for repentance, grace, mercy, forgiveness, and the opportunity to RENEW our minds and live in His freedom!

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2010 10:28 PM

TheSeekingOneSings - "PRAISE GOD for repentance, grace, mercy, forgiveness, and the opportunity to RENEW our minds and live in His freedom!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2010 12:50 PM

Look at you Chmjr, getting all the brownie points! :laugh:

Yeah, I think many of our expectations have been all jacked up becuase of the wolves.

I haven't given up hope that my "Boo" is out there, even though I have thought they (men of integrity) may be dying out with the generations past.

God always reserves a remnant. :prayingf: :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2010 09:57 AM

@1babygirl - we may very well be a dying breed from the outside, so to speak. But I have to believe that more than "dying out", myself and my ilk must reassert ourselves. The secular media seems to have a stranglehold on what is or is not okay and sadly, there aren't enough vocal Godly men making a racket! We somehow need to change that. I have truly come to conclusion that my "boo" is out there, but I may need to rattle my saber to let her know that I am there!

Keep the faith!!!

JaneDrey

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2010 02:40 PM

And I'm curious to know how many of these men are really married. On other dating sites, the statistics supposedly showed that women were likely to lie about their weight, and men usually lied about their marital status. It WOULD be so easy to make up some scam about how you lost your precious spouse of 17 years, etc., etc., and get sympathy responses. I am honest, but try not to be gullible.

JaneDrey

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2010 02:43 PM

Brother, you need to be able to give chapter and verse on this one. As far as translation, also, do you mean the KJV "dominions" for "dominations'?

Page : 1 2 3