Author Thread: It wasn't a date...
bcpianogal

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 09:56 PM

...but it sure was fun!

I've been on this site for nearly a year. A couple weeks after I posted my profile, a guy contacted me, and said that he thought we'd have a lot in common -- would I be interested in chatting sometime? His profile was a bit vague, but there were no red flags, so I said that would be fine, and forgot about him for a day or so...until I got his next email. To make a long story short, we became very good online friends. We moved from this site to Facebook and Skype, and have been talking a least a couple times per week. The 600+ miles between us kept us from getting serious "romantically", but it didn't keep us from getting to know each other.

Several months ago, he told me that he would be in my state on a church trip, and that we should meet up if he had free time. That church trip was this week. Today, I made a 90 minute drive to meet him. You know what? He was exactly how I expected him to be. His online personality was the same as his in-person personality. His sense of humor was the same. He looked the same as he did in his pictures. He was NORMAL. He's one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time.

No, we are not dating, and no, we don't plan to date. But we are even better friends now than we were before we met.

It wasn't a date, but it sure was fun!

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2010 10:02 PM

Awww... That's so great, pianogal! It's nice to hear of a positive experience!! :glow:

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 2 Jul, 2010 06:09 AM

That's terrific! Thanks for sharing!

springrose10

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 2 Jul, 2010 09:59 AM

Hey BC!

Great news!

I want to commend you on not closing the door on that friendship because of the distance. We never know what God has in mind and...WHEN. You are displaying maturity in developing relationships that don't have to be romantic and you are showing your openness to God's will in your life, whatever that may be. That has to please God and be appealing to godly men.

Ata girl!

Rose

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 2 Jul, 2010 01:47 PM

Thanks Rose. I'm afraid that I must confess that I DO close the door on most friendships/relationships that would be long distance. My mindset is that I'm not here to make friends...I have plenty of godly friends, both male and female...I'm here because I'm 27 and haven't met Mr. Right, and if I don't think a guy has potential to be that man, I'm not going to waste his time.

However, there was just something about this guy that made me want to get to know him from his very first email. Maybe it was that he was one of the first guys to ever contact me online. Maybe it was that we are both in similar occupations. Maybe it was his good looks. Maybe it was that his relationship with God came through so clearly. Maybe I was naive enough to hope that the distance wouldn't hinder a serious relationship. I don't know. But in spite of the 600+ miles, and even though I wasn't looking for a friend, he has become one of my best guy friends.

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 3 Jul, 2010 01:04 PM

The fact is I can only make friends with ladies who live more than 250 miles from my home.Why is This???

Hmmmmmm

Just a passing thought.

Dennis

View Profile
History
It wasn't a date...
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 10:18 AM

wow

i'm so jelly of you!

lol

that's definitely a good write up :)