Author Thread: interracial dating
holy_boi_512

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 12:54 AM

You know its funny. THis is supposed to be christian site but not alot of women here are into black guys. Now I'm not saying that I have to have people talk to me or anything but to be rejected because of my skin color is just messed up. I have no problem with interracial dating but why is it that non christian women are ok with it but not christian women here?

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 02:02 AM

This is inherent in any person. I understand it comes off as volatile and personal because of race, and seeing people you're attracted to that aren't attracted to you. It's hard to accept, and I don't think anybody ever completely will, but everybody is different and have different 'love maps' as they're called that are created during impressionable times in our lives. Usually when we are young and don't even realize it. We see or experience something that makes us feel a certain way and equate a trait to it. Height, weight, working class, race, hair color, personality traits, it can be anything that makes somebody distinct. All up and down the spectrum and it works for and against people at the same time. For example: Truth be told I absolutely HATE women from Oklahoma, because I had 3 separate but consecutive bad experiences with women from there on here. If you think about it rationally it doesn't really make sense to write the entire population of Oklahoma off because of 3 chicks, but if in the future I encounter a female from Oklahoma that's what I go back to and a red flag instantly goes up. For some of these females, black guys aren't really on their 'map' yet, but charisma, character, and confidence are. So you have that angle to work. Also keep in mind that for whatever reason people don't really give other people as much of a chance online as they would in real life regardless of how good of a person you are.

Nkatty

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 02:32 AM

I think people will always have certain perceptions about others thru personal experiences or even from hearsays....but its not gud to make conclusions.....i think everyone here comes in with their own specifications...an watever kind of man or woman they intend to date!

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 09:04 AM

You say that not alot of women HERE are into black guys. It sounds like you have a preference for white women? Well, whatever it is, just like u have your likes, preferences and dislikes, women have the right to what they want whether Christian or Non-Christian. I'm not completely opposed to dating outside my race, but I would prefer a black man. I have my own reasons none of which are racism. You should also consider that your race may not be the singular reason for u not getting the play that u want.

chakal

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 01:53 PM

I agree with 1babygirl, this has nothing to do with being christian or not. if you find it natural that you prefer white women instead of black, so why you find it offensive that some woman just prefer white men instead of black!

hope you'll find the right one for you.

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 10:52 PM

Well for some it's simply a preference. Some people culturally were taught to stay with their own race. For me I'd prefer a white woman since I'm white but I'll take whatever race of women God gives me to love. Also you can't make someone interested in you no matter their race. If that were so then I'd be with the woman I love right now....

carrie_lile

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 01:29 PM

I DONT THINK ITS A CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN THING OR EVEN RACIAL. ITS A PREFERENCE MORE LIKE. SOME PEOPLE JUST PREFER TO DATE THIER OWN RACE JUST BECASUE THATS WAT THEY R ATTRACTED TO. JUST LIKE SOME LIKE BLONDE HARI MORE THAN BROWN OR UD RATHER DATE A CHRISTIAN VERSUS A NON CHRISTIAN. YOU JUST HAVE CERTAIN PREFERENCE IN WHO U DATE. ITS ABOUT WAT WRKS FOR YOU. :rolleyes:

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 10:27 AM

I like dark haired women. LOL.

Guitarman67

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 02:25 PM

But if every woman is a gift from God to some man, then she may be red, brown, yellow, black or white, but they are still precious in His sight.:peace:

covertmuse

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 03:21 AM

Attraction is complicated, especially when skin tone is thrown into the mix. It's a psychological, cultural jumble that just makes everything more complicated than it needs to be.

In medieval times for whites, did you know that it was actually more attractive to be pale than to be tan? Pale skin showed that you could afford to pay other people to do the hard labor... while tanned skin showed that you had to do the hard labor to survive. In contrast, western culture has evolved into preferring tanned skin because it seems healthier and more fashionable than pale skin.

Cultural acceptance is constantly changing. Yeah, it's no fun to be rejected simply because of your skin tone... But it's the culture we live in. Some countries wouldn't even bother to give an interracial couple a second glance because they just don't care about it. In other countries, an interracial couple is likely to be stared and and be victims of prejudice simply because it's different. Same times, different cultures.

Then you have the biological response to factor in. People often find other people of similar skin tone more attractive. It's not their fault, its their brain's fault. Biology just had to get in the way....

View Profile
History
interracial dating
Posted : 30 Jul, 2010 09:41 PM

Are you not into black women? If not, why not? If you say you prefer white women, then how can you blame any white woman who says they don't prefer black men? Just because someone is Christian, does not mean they can abandon their preferences, simply because you like them.

Page : 1 2 3