Author Thread: Ladies help?
Admin

Ladies help?
Posted : 8 Aug, 2010 10:55 AM

My turn haha.

We know men and women are different.

I have a few questions. Please respond to one/all of them of my questions if you have time. Thaaaank you !

1.Do you really read long profiles? Or do you read profiles at all?

2. What kind of pictures get your attention the most?

3. Do you care about a guys level of education?

4. Do you want to know about his ex?

5. As Christians, are you planning to have sex before marriage?

Thank you, ladies, for your time! God bless you in your search

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 8 Aug, 2010 07:41 PM

When I did read profiles, yes. Unless they have lots and lots (and lots) of paragraphs and/or bad grammar. Too difficult to get through then. When I am searching I always read profiles.

Smiles. Variety. Indoor and outdoor. Posed and candid.

Not really, no.

Yes, once we get to know one another. I want to know that he has got over her (them?) and has processed what went wrong/right in the relationship.

Nope

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 8 Aug, 2010 10:40 PM

Long ones like mine? LOL. If the first few sentences of the profile grab my attention, then yes; otherwise, no...

Hmmm. Normal ones. LOL. I like men in black, v-neck sweaters. Cowboy hats are sexy. Men in yellow is a turn-off for me. Bare-chested men turn me off too. Please save your bare chest for the honeymoon. Please and thank you. Pictures with pets turn me off... because I have animal allergies and guys never want to give up their pets.

Yes. He must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). He must be literate and able to write w/out really, horrible, awful grammatical errors all over the place. He must be employable to the degree that he can support a family. I must be able to carry on a somewhat intellectual conversation with him.

Yes. I don't need to know any details like the flavour lip gloss she wore or anything like that, but I do like to know some general things... I like to know how far they went physically, what attracted her to him originally, why they broke up, and what he's learned from the experience. Also, it's a red flag when someone is continually bashing their ex. If it's a really recent breakup and they're still recovering that's one thing (and a case in which they need to recover before moving on to the next guy), but if he's still talking ill about his ex all the time after an appropriate amount of time has lapsed, then that tells me several negative things: that he may have issues w/ forgiveness and bitterness, that he possibly doesn't respect women, and that he is a gossip (someone who prefers to broadcast conflict rather than working it out w/ the other person involved).

Nope.

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2010 08:44 PM

1. Do you really read long profiles? Or do you read profiles at all?

Depends if I can read it. The font here is quite small and the spacing close, sometimes the spelling/grammar are poor, but if the simple facts are ok I'll glance thru and browse/read and wonder about the writer.

smiles always take first dibs on the click!!

not particularly, I'd rather know if he is able to live within his income.

not right away, but certainly want to know if he is ready to move on

most certainly not!!

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 07:59 PM

Someone who doesn't write on their profile or just puts a sentence is someone I won't write to. I want someone who will show me a little bit of their personality to catch my attention. I look at pictures first if I find something that attracts me anything I read the profile and if the profile is lacking even if they look good I won't write them.

One that shows their joy. I see so many pictures where it looks like the guy is so closed off his arms crossed no smile just looks miserable. Come on be happy!

I do. I'm an educated female and love educated conversations sometimes and so I feel like I want to meet someone on my level.

Yes in a way. Not all the nitty gritty, but I like to know how it ended because believe it or not women are the only ones carrying around baggage of emotional stuff from past relationships.

No. I did once and felt so horrible and guilty so I promised God this time I'd do his will. Which also means 99.5% of guys immediately don't want anything to do with me.

Hope this helped in some way :)

syarhon

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 05:34 AM

answer: I do read but when i read conceited words :D i stop.

answer: close up

answer: no

answer: yes if he's the one to open up, I prefer not to ask first.

answer: no, not at all. I consider it as the best desert:excited: after wedding reception

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 09:30 AM

Only if really interesting, I think it is better to say some thing about likes and interests without going on and on. If it is humorous it holds my attention :laugh:

Warm smiles, sometimes sharp dressed, not too far away and I think we all know this one but not one with another woman in it and especially if she is clipped out that is lame.

A high school diploma is good, some college maybe, it's more important that they are hard working and willing to provide for themselves and be responsible.

Not too much at first, then no details just some of the basics and that they know how to forgive, we are all human and some things just don't work out, we have to learn and know how to move on.

No, easier said than done, but I know that is Gods will and by honoring Him with our bodies I believe He will honor the marriage bed.

agnezz

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 15 Aug, 2010 07:28 AM

some may read, some may not. i love reading so basically i like reading long profiles knowing that by just that the person takes time to say something of who he is, what he bellieves, what are his view regarding his faith. i think people whot take the time to say things is an interesting person to be with....

liyah

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2010 04:50 AM

-if the first couple of lines are catchy then i would. i prefer longer profiles that give general idea of who the person is and what they're about.

-smiles, smiles, smiles. revealing pics get my attn for the wrong reasons...keep your goodies in a jar! i don't think as xtians we should put on seductive pics coz then you'll just attract people that want you for you body

-if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

-if we consider dating yeah i would

-no sex before marriage..

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2010 03:48 PM

Yes, if a profile catches my attention, then I'll read all of it. I mostly look for the brief info first (is he a smoker, how much does he drink, does he want children, etc.). If those things match up with what I'm looking for then I will read the rest of his profile.

Smiling and fully dressed. Some guys have posted themselves with no shirt on- a turn off for me. Yes, he may be as handsome as anything, which is nice, but I don't think it's good that he picks a paritally nude picture as his first impression to someone. Gives the message that he's kind of floosy and maybe just interested in looks and that one thing. Better to save pictures like that and letting a girl see you without a shirt for a later time after you've dated for a little while, unless you're going swimming, then it's understandable. I also like pictures taken outside. Nice scenery adds to the picture.

To some extent. It's important when a relationship gets serious in terms of being able to support a family, but some guys can have great jobs without an education. I think posting that you have a good education is a nice plus, but not a neccesity for me. I think there are plenty of people who are smart, it's just that school isn't for them. I think in talking to them, via phone or email, you can determine whether or not they're intelligent enough for your liking even if they don't have a high level of education.

Eventually, yes. I would like to know what went wrong and what he's learned from the relationship. However, if a guy talks a lot about his ex all the time or a lot during the beginning of a relationship, I wonder if he's really over her or not. Therefore, I think it's fine to talk a little bit about an ex, but don't do it often until you've been dating for a while and know that your current girlfriend is okay with talking about your ex if you feel the need or desire. She may ask you questions about your ex, and I think it's important to be as honest and open as you feel comfortable. I think the same goes for girls too.

No. I think God wants us to wait for marriage. Therefore, I think it's a no no to do it before then. I can understand the desire for it, but I think it's best to wait. As Christians I think we are called to do so. I think a guy or gal who waits shows that he/she has good self control. This will be especially important in a marriage because I think a person who doesn't sleep around before marriage is much less likely to do so after marriage. Wait til marriage and it will be much more wonderful in every way- that's my motto. I think it's okay to kiss often and be affectionate, but going all the way should be reserved for marriage. Let your spouse have that gift that you waited for him/her. I know I'd be thrilled and it would mean a lot to me if my future husband has done that for me.

Overall, just be yourself and the girl God has designed for you will find you :)

View Profile
History
Ladies help?
Posted : 20 Aug, 2010 02:43 AM

I'm more likely to appreciate and read short profiles, but not as short as one-liner statement. You don't also need to tell everything on your profile. Just a preview about yourself is enough. I think you should reserve some information for your private emailing. But yes, after viewing the basic info and pictures, and I find it interesting, I proceed to reading his profile though it is a long one.

anything formal or sporty, with smiling faces :)

I don't care so much about guy''s level of education. What I care about most is our compatibility with age and his marital status.

I don't want to know all about his ex, I just want to know the story why they broke up, and that's it. I don't want to hear about it from time to time though. When he speaks about it very often, it will give me an impression that he still love her (romantically), or has not moved on yet, or, or he is not yet ready to start a new relationship.

No.

Thank you!:bow:

May God bless everyone on their search! :glow:

Page : 1 2