Author Thread: i have a question?
hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 01:34 PM

why are some people who call themselves Christian so mean and condeming? i have met some Christians, and when i talk to them, yes they believe in Christ's death on the cross, they say they've asked for forgiveness of sins, yet they will not do anything it seems to help their fellow man; or they are condeming and refuse to help anyone who doesn't belive/worship as they do! But i've also met people who see Jesus only as a great teacher, but not as a savior, they may respect the Bible, but it is not their "lifebook" and they are the most loving, generous, forgiving, beautiful people i've ever met! and they listen, and have more respect for my God then some Christians! WHY? Debby

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 09:33 PM

John wrote the word "know" at least 23 times in the letter known as First John. Here are a few of my favorites from the NIV that address your question.

2:3 -6 "We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commandments. The man who says "I know Him" but does not do what He commands is a liar and the Truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."

2:29 "If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of Him."

3:10 "This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother."

Also see 3:14-20; 4:2-6; 5:1-5,18-19.

I find it interesting that we are often told that we should not judge others as to whether or not they are of God and yet the New Testament does just that. In black and white. Right under our noses. Yet it often goes ignored. Learn the "knows" of 1st John and let them be a guide to you as you get to know those who claim to be of God and you will be able do discern wisely whether they are or not.

Thunder

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2010 03:44 AM

I think you can the reason there in Matthew 25:11. People who really know God would not do such thing. For example, if we are the child of the president, we would not eat with no table manner since we KNOW the teaching of our presidential parents. Such people you mentioned before do not know the teachings of our Father, they know God would not do that and teach us not to do that yet they still do those actions.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2010 09:32 AM

I do think we should judge peoples fruits...just not their salvation. Everyone's life is not over until they're dead(obviously), and until then, they still could be converted and we should treat them as such. We were all in their shoes at some point. I do think that some people forget that "love" does include "chastisement" though...and I think people sometimes forget that "chastisement" includes "love" too. Letting someone live in sin and die for it isn't very loving, and mercilessly chastising someone for their sin until their heart is hard isn't very loving either. They both end the same way...with the death of a soul....and possibly two...

KJV Matthew 18:23-35

(23) Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

(24) And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

(25) But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

(26) The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

(27) Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

(28) But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

(29) And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

(30) And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

(31) So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

(32) Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

(33) Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

(34) And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

(35) So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

:peace::peace:

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 06:42 AM

thank you all so much! i shall check it out. so glad i found this forrum. it's much more fun than "date hunting!" Debby

wademach1977

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 12:45 PM

I do my best sometimes I may not always succeed in it, to not be too difficult to people and try to be merciful. I want God to show mercy to me and to be understanding for me.

cowgirl1984

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 10:28 PM

Debby, another thing to consider is what it says in James. Even the demons believe and tremble. It is not just about believing and having faith. It is also about doing good works. Okay, before you guys discount what I'm saying, read James :) I'm sure most of us have had it drilled in our heads our whole lives that it isn't about works. But that's the thing. It's not just about works. But works DO MATTER. Here are the passages I'm talking about. Please forgive, this will be long:

James 2:14-26, NASB

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?

22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;

23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.

24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

~and~

James 1:22-27, NASB

22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror;

24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.

25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.

27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 05:46 AM

would really appreciate you looking at forum I am struggling with my faith under how to be born again.

And Praise Reports Scents from Heaven from Dodger,thank you so much to everyone.

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2010 03:12 PM

One cannot fully love, forgive or accept others if he hasn't met Jesus Christ. I pray that in the next month you will meet people whose hearts have been filled with Jesus's Christ love!

colts58436

View Profile
History
i have a question?
Posted : 26 Oct, 2010 12:06 PM

Well written I totally agree with you on that. It is my hope that all will come to the Lord Jesus Christ on your knees broken, only to then be made beautiful.