Author Thread: I've never been on a date
Admin

I've never been on a date
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 12:02 AM

I'm 31 years old and I've never been on a date, hows that for a horror story. I've never had a girlfriend either which is a experince that I wish on no one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2010 08:33 PM

The way I see it, we all need to feel connected and understood by at least somebody. The more the better, but even a little of that can go a long way I've found. I see this site as a good way to get a better frame of reference in how to interact with and what to look for in friendships and relationships and be more socially aware of other people and relatable. I never dated before starting on here either due to incompitence perpetuated by bad timing (moving a lot). I've been on here for a year now and am by far better off than I was before. Unfortunatly, in the beginning sometimes there's a lot of learning what you don't want before you learn what you do want in both other people AND yourself. Glad you have that will to survive, buddy, now keep going. You can do it, you really can. All you have to do is your best and only you know what that is. Don't compare it with other peoples best. You can't do better than what your best is, but if you make it a habit to do your best, your 'best' then becomes 'better' and you're more capable of achieving what God created you for in life.

Sorry for saying 'best' so much at the end. Hopefully that was at least a little helpful.

LaggedOnUser

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 06:14 PM

I'm 39 and I've never been big on dating either. I think it's important that you not wallow in regret for the past. Whatever you were doing or not doing during those years, it's all water under the bridge. It's not like a lack of dating will accumulate on you and give you cancer or something. Being single is a normal, even desirable state of affairs.

Even dates that you might have gone on two weeks ago would already be forgotten by now. Thus I think it is rather pointless to wallow in regret about things that might have been years ago. Even if things had been different, that was a long time ago.

The only interesting question is, what do you want to do now?

If you are interested in dating, I suggest you bend every effort to make that happen. It doesn't take much to break into the fast-paced, exciting world of dating the opposite sex... just basic manners and interest. So prepare yourself and start seizing whatever opportunities come your way. Good luck, brother. :applause:

Page : 1 2