Author Thread: I've never been on a date
Admin

I've never been on a date
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 12:02 AM

I'm 31 years old and I've never been on a date, hows that for a horror story. I've never had a girlfriend either which is a experince that I wish on no one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 12:10 AM

Awww... don't get discouraged. I've had a few relationships in the past and they've all been really bad! Most of them have been really abusive. I'm involved w/ someone great now, but I would gladly trade in my prior dating history for a dateless one! There is definitely something to be said for holding out for the right person v. just dating for the heck of it or because you're lonely...

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 01:51 AM

thats true but do you know how depressing this is

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 10:13 AM

Don't give up. Keep looking, keep praying. Don't be in a hurry, but seek God's guidance. I've been through long periods in my life without dating anyone, so I know a little bit of the feelings that can bring. God loves you and wants only the best for you.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 10:15 AM

I do! My first girlfriend is the one I met on this site a year and a half ago. So you still win by length of time, but I do know how depressing it can be. I also really do think that the depression is probably WHY I never had a girlfriend. God was trying to get me to see my need of Him over everything else, and once I learned that lesson He brought a woman into my life. He wanted me to learn to love and trust Him through everything. I mean...by letting myself be so affected by "loneliness", I was basically insulting God by needing someone/something besides Him to be content. We need to be complete with God first.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 11:28 AM

Well, I don't know precisely how depressing it is, but I have felt lonely before. I had my first boyfriend my freshman year of college. And he was my English professor and it was short lived. Then, I didn't date anyone for 5 years. And then I started dating again and got engaged. But the guy was abusive and so I eventually broke that off. And then I just got really busy with my former career and had a crazy long commute and was working overtime... But then I started dating again last year. It had been 5-1/2 years @ that point since I'd dated. And I ended up w/ someone else really abusive. So I broke that off and ended up w/ the ex-bf (who I'm so fond of mentioning here) just a few weeks later. We were together from October of last year through February of this year. And he was an emotionally manipulative jerk. And then I became friends w/ the current BF a couple weeks after breaking up w/ the ex, and he is really great =) And we went from platonic to romantic @ the end of May.

So, as you can see, I went through lots of periods of loneliness, interspersed with bad relationships! And I know, for a fact, that being single and lonely is better than being in an abusive relationship.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 12:39 PM

thanks for the advice

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 05:31 PM

Well for some one that says they are lonely you are sure limiting your self. I had a look at your profile and your age limit is 31. So this nice lady views this post and thinks I would like to get to know him he sounds nice. She go to message you and ops she can't because she is 32.

So possibly you are being too picky for your own good.

Like any thing in life if you want it badly enough go out and get it. Sitting around and feeling sorry for your self is not going to get you any place fast.

I personally think the best way to meet people is to get out of your house and do new things. Don't expect that special some one to end up on your door step. But of course it can happen.

Dating sites can be a ok way to meet people but should not be your only source.

Join groups. Take courses, volunteer. If you don't meet some one that way you will at least have enriched your self. Chances are the next time you meet some one you will be more interesting.

Last don't have this narrow minded expiation of the perfect lady. Age, size, education, nationality. If your too picky you have no one to blame for being lonely but your self.

Best wishes :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 10:41 PM

I understand what you mean, the most commonly used phrase that bothers me the most is we all have problems. You have no idea what I've been through I don't sit back and feel sorry for myself, this notion we all have problems insults me. Mental illness was given to me I didn't create my problem, etc, suscide,I've been in the mental ward so many times I can't even count anymore. Nobody has a clue, and I'm proud of will to survive and I thank god for my trials and defeats. "behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain," Bob Dylan

happyjer2911

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2010 10:58 PM

I have met many men as your self that have never dated women. Most of the time it is due to depresseon. Maybe you are not looking to God for the answers. God is the one that will lead you to a wonderful wife and children someday. Dont give up on dating. It is a big bad world out there. When you meet the prefect women for you, It will all be worth the wait. I will be praying for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2010 08:43 AM

hey,,

sorry for being so blunt but no way,,is it that everyone you asked out refused, or you also turned down their dates, or have you never been asked out, ok,,i wanna take you out...

liven up,, i just have been so sulky like u , coz i havent dated anyone till i realised the big problem was me,,my attitude, not to say you are like that too, but pls review yours too, u'll be surprised the best is just standing by ur side, all the best!:peace:

Page : 1 2