Author Thread: Should you tell your wife when another woman makes a pass at you?
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Should you tell your wife when another woman makes a pass at you?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 04:11 AM

hummm,: hummm?,,,,,,, :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 11:42 AM

HedgeWeller,

Well if u really respect ur wife no then just keep quiet about it for it will only lead to parnoida and more questions...Womenn like lots of details...so if ur not interested in The Young Lady and U Respect Ur Marriage What Is There To Tell....If ur thinking about telling ur wife then maybe some men are doubting themselves about "Cheating" and resisting tempation especially if there is problems in The Marriage and that goes for Women Too!!! I sometimes I wonder who is more Likely To Stay "Faithful" to their partner in times of Trouble The Man Or Women..Women as far as I know bent over backwards no matter what is going on as far as a man I wonder if they are able to resist tempation when there is problem in The Marriage...Do they think about "Cheating More" but then back down??? I think u gave me a good question to ask!!!

P.S Hope that Help....

~Lynda~

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 06:57 PM

Yes, you should tell her. This should help to keep trust in your marriage. I would want to know if a woman makes a pass at my husband; I might even go to her and tell her to stay away from him! I believe in open and honest communication.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 02:51 AM

Ladies,,,,,

thanks for your input,,,,,, it can and could be a sticky situation,,,,, some people are very jealous and full of fear and they could not handle being told,,,,

I do think it is best to tell your mate for many reasons although I am not sure all my reasons would be right,,,, I will look it up under chirstian marriage counseling and see what I can comewith,,,

yes, it's a good topic,,,,I am sure our answers are influenced by our experiences ,,,,, bye bye for now

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 09:20 PM

I would tell my wife everything. There shouldn't be any secrets between each other. Were suppose to be one flesh. Agree towards one thing. If there are secrets then we surely won't understand each other.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 04:09 AM

good Kid vid,,,,

I am not PROFESSIONAL SO HERE IS A ANSWER TO THIS ?FROM FOCUS ON THE FAMILY RADIO SHOW

In recent months, there have been two occasions when a woman at work has made a pass at me. I love my wife deeply, have no interest in this lady, and have communicated this to her in no uncertain terms. Do you think I should share these incidents with my wife?

Dr. James Dobson is founder and chairman of the board of Focus on the Family, a non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to the preservation of the family.

His Answer,,,,

Yes, I do. First, because I believe the healthiest marriages are those that are open and honest on such matters. Second, because sharing important information is a step toward accountability in a situation that could prove dangerous. And third, because your wife should be your best friend with whom you discuss troubling circumstances and how they will be handled.

My only caution is that you be careful not to reveal this disclosure in order to make your wife jealous or to use the incident to manipulate her. Some spouses seize an opportunity like this to play power games with a mate. Check out your motives carefully before you talk to your wife or husband, and share the experience as objectively as possible. She or he will appreciate you for it.

Finally, I urge you to continue to reject the advances of the lady in your office, regardless of how attractive she is or how flattering her interest in you may be. To pursue her may give your ego a ride now, but only pain and sorrow lie down that road � for her and for you.

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 06:50 PM

I strongly support James Dobson in most, if not all, of his comments and counsel. He is definitely one to look to for wisdom. Thanks for sharing Mr. Dobson's comments.

Jeanette :glow: