Author Thread: Should or do you tell your husband when another man makes a pass at you?
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Should or do you tell your husband when another man makes a pass at you?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 04:12 AM

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 11:32 AM

Yes. Immediately. How is a man suppose to protect what is his if knowbody warns him of an enemy. If you don't, it is on you. If he does nothing,... it is on him.

Wouldn't we tell him if somebody was trying to steal his car, house, or wallet? How much more valuable and irreplaceable is his wife?

Tragically, many would fight harder for the things of this world then their wives and families. Many would let their woman endure the sexual advances (or fear of another pass) for financial, social, and family reasons. Some will accuse their wives of asking for it.

Now the question is what do we want the man to say or do about it?

:angel:

Susan

PS 1 Samuel 30

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 03:50 PM

I wouldn't tell him. Knowing there would be no possible chance of infidelity; I wouldn't want to cause my husband any un-necessary stress.His heart can rest safely in me; knowing I'm a Big Girl now, and with my own mouth could put any Romeo in his place. No need for him to do anything. After I gave that guy a piece of my mind , LOUDLY, I don't think he'd try it again !

God Bless You All,

Deborah

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 06:59 PM

I believe that I would definitely share that with my husband; I would want to know if someone makes a pass at him. This would help to keep trust in the marriage. If you were to keep it to yourself and your husband found out another way, it would most likely cause some questions as to why you were not telling him about it. As the old saying goes, "Honesty is the best policy!" God would bless you for sharing the truth and for trusting Him to help your husband to understand.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 11:58 AM

HedgeWeller,

Well if u Women really respect Their Husband the Women shouldn't tell their Husband!!!No for Women to just keep quiet about it for it will only lead to parnoida and more questions...I mean The Main Thing is how The Wife Responds to it...Saying I am Married and I Love My Husband Deeply and I made a commitment to Him...So Please Leave Me Alone and this is uncomfortable for me for u to come after a Married Women!!! It all depends on The Communication Of The Marriage and how comfortable they are with each other but doubts can arise and so can parnoida...so if The Wife Nor Husband Will "Cheat" then it doesn't need to brought up as far as I can See!!!

~Lynda~

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 04:06 PM

Yes.

straberi50

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 07:05 PM

I gave my answer; I am very interested in what you think!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 03:13 AM

I am not PROFESSIONAL SO HERE IS A ANSWER TO THIS ?FROM FOCUS ON THE FAMILY RADIO SHOW

In recent months, there have been two occasions when a woman at work has made a pass at me. I love my wife deeply, have no interest in this lady, and have communicated this to her in no uncertain terms. Do you think I should share these incidents with my wife?

Dr. James Dobson is founder and chairman of the board of Focus on the Family, a non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to the preservation of the family.

His Answer,,,,

Yes, I do. First, because I believe the healthiest marriages are those that are open and honest on such matters. Second, because sharing important information is a step toward accountability in a situation that could prove dangerous. And third, because your wife should be your best friend with whom you discuss troubling circumstances and how they will be handled.

My only caution is that you be careful not to reveal this disclosure in order to make your wife jealous or to use the incident to manipulate her. Some spouses seize an opportunity like this to play power games with a mate. Check out your motives carefully before you talk to your wife or husband, and share the experience as objectively as possible. She or he will appreciate you for it.

Finally, I urge you to continue to reject the advances of the lady in your office, regardless of how attractive she is or how flattering her interest in you may be. To pursue her may give your ego a ride now, but only pain and sorrow lie down that road � for her and for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 02:22 PM

We also need to remember Proverbs Ch 5..talks about the adulteress woman and how her lip's drip of honey...how HE warns the man to stay away from her trap...that if he continues it will lead down the road of distruction.......God doesn't do anything in secret.....Put them him/her in their place...go home share with your spouse and then pray together...bam..you have just defeated the foe....you have kicked satan in the knee....nipped it in the bud before it bloomed....remember the battle is God's ....so give it to him...and see who win's....(hint ...The Cross).......In His Service....Angel:angel:

Note: this also applies to women ....it goes both ways...