Author Thread: Favorite bands
Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 4 Oct, 2010 09:52 PM

What are some of your favorite artist bands etc. and why? :)

paschen81

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 4 Oct, 2010 11:10 PM

Wow... this could be a rather long list... so I'll shorten it to the two bands I like who's new albums I've just bought this past week.

Disciple

--because I like the music and the lyrics and they are a really awesome bunch of guys to hang out with.

This Fire's Embrace

--because I like their music and their lyrics and they are really laid back off stage and Aaron Benner has a really great testimony from being stage left with his then band when Dimebag Darrell was murdered in front of his own eyes to the collapse of his marriage due to alcohol to finding Salvation, reuniting with his estranged wife recommitting to her and to Christ and now playing once again only now with a whole new focus...need I say more... well they're nutty buckeyes like me so they also got that on their side too

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 01:27 AM

I'll have to check out Fire's Embrase

I suppose it depends on what I need at the time lol. For songs that bring me into the throne room I like Misty Edwards, and similar artist

If I want to rock out, Demon Hunter alll the way!!!

to name a few, I guess Im just glad Christian music is better than what it used to be :D :applause: :applause: :applause:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 08:43 AM

As far as worship music, I don't stray far from Red Mountain Church or Indelible Grace. I like old hymns better than new praise music, lyrically, and I also prefer acoustic to rocking out.

As far as secular music goes, I tend to stick pretty close to traditional modern country. Zac Brown Band, Ryan Bingham, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Chris Knight, etc.

I like their sound, but I'm all about lyrics too. That's why Lady Antebellum drives me so crazy. Cliches, empty phrases, and weak storytelling ruin songs that sound good or have a good message. And don't even get me started on pop radio...

Recently I was surprised with how good John Mellencamp's newest CD is. He got T-bone Burnett to produce, and they recorded in historical venues and all around vintage audio equipment. I didn't see him as an Americana artist before, but he did a really good job.

OChristRulesV

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 10:37 AM

Hello.

well I am from mexico, so as right now I am not updated much on music. but I will list the most significant band that I like to hear a lot on the car.

#1 .- DC-Talk. allways.

Cause they change and transformed the way we share the gospel and added a new passion to the love of lost souls.

#2 .- PETRA.

This guys totally revolutionized the way we worship. and show that YES we can worship and have the H S moving on a rock consert.

#3.- Living Sacrifice.

Hard Core Christian Rock, with a grat message for the kids.

#4.- Project 86.

Great music with a great message.

#5.- MXPX. this guys need no introduction. they are awsome.

#6.- Tirth Day, Casting Crowns, Hill Song, and Skillet, Delirious, Pax217, Plankeye, The Benjamin Gate, The Newboys, Pillar.

...and some others that I can't remember right now.

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 11:37 AM

For christian music:

-Casting Crowns, because their songs have great messages

-Michael W Smith, because he was the first christian music artist that I listened to when I first got saved

-Kutless, because sometimes I like to worship to their music

-Phillips Craig & Dean, because I like the messages of their music as well

For secular music (I don't listen to everything they put out there, because some of their music isn't worth listening to), various songs from:

-Green Day

-Bon Jovi

-Simple Plan

-Coldplay

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 08:26 PM

For Christian music, you just can't go wrong with Needtobreathe and Jimmy Needham! They both have a great sound and very encouraging lyrics.

As for secular music, I'm partial to Sugarland, Jack Johnson, The Band Perry, Colbie Caillat, and Jason Mraz.

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 11:16 PM

You know I just dont listen to much secular music i find it doesnt edify, and "Jesus" music keeps me pluged in.

I am really digging Switchfoot these days aswell as Brian "Head" Welch :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 11:54 PM

Pop = blech

Rap= blech

I like the rock they play on the local rock station here. They play stuff like Green Day, Coldplay, Barcelona, Natalie Merchant, and a bunch that I can't remember because it's late and I have a headache... I still listen to the old Matchbox 20 cds I have. Rob Thomas = great voice. I went through a Madonna phase.

I like some newer country, but usually only when it has a bit of a rock sound to it. If it's twangy, I'm not that into it.

I like classical.

I like Celtic (great to fall asleep to).

I like piano music... stuff like Jim Brickman.

I like some older stuff, like Simon & Garfunkel and the Carpenters.

As for Christian stuff, I find myself disappointed a lot. I LOVE Watermark/Christy Nockels. I sometimes like BarlowGirl and Krystal Meyers. I love Natalie Grant. Brandon Heath is pretty good. And here a couple that I bet none of you have ever heard of: Amy Shreve and Debbie Fortnum. I've seen them both in person and they just have amazing hearts for the Lord. Amy plays the harp and her music is just very emotional and speaks from the depths of her heart. Debbie plays the piano and sings such deep, spiritual truths. One of her songs, in particular, has really been speaking to me lately... It's called "You Love Justice" and really helps me to remember that God IS on my side and that He does see everything that's happening and that He does care. You can actually download the full-length song from Debbie's website. But anyway... I also just remembered that I like Audrey Assad. Her song "Restless" is so beautiful!! I also like some Hillsong. And Kathryn Scott has some good stuff. I know there's more, but I think I hit on the basics =)

DarrelT

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 12:19 AM

wow... i listen to way too much music, i'm a lover of rock, country, christian, classic rock, a little rap... i can't begin to list but here it is..lol

Iron Maiden

Metallica

Ozzy Osbourne

Tom Petty

Bon Jovi

Boston

AC/DC

Led Zepplin

Josh Turner

Zac Brown Band

Brad Paisley

Willie Nelson

Waylon Jennings

i got too many...lol

View Profile
History
Favorite bands
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 05:49 AM

Johann Sebastian Bach. Such beautiful music all dedicated to the glory of God...

Oh wait...he's not a band...well, then, I got nothing :)

Page : 1 2