Author Thread: To those who are already couples on CDFF.
Admin

To those who are already couples on CDFF.
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 05:01 PM

MY question is for those who are already involved with someone who you've met here on CDFF.I have come across some profiles here of some ladies who have on thier profile that they're already in a relationship with someone else.So if this is the case,then why are you still on here? I know that you may have your reasons so please share them with me.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 06:28 PM

I'm not currently in a relationship (though I am "getting to know" a guy...we aren't dating yet), but I stayed on this site throughout the three months that I dated a guy earlier this year. I put on my profile that I was just here for the forums, and that I was in a relationship and not looking for anyone else at the moment.

Why did I stay here? Because I enjoyed the forums, and I enjoy talking to the people I've "met" on the forums! I'm pretty sure that's why most of the couples who are on here stay on here. If they met on CDFF, it's also very encouraging. It gives hope to those of us who are still single!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 06:35 PM

I dated someone from this site for a few months. He and I both kept our profiles active because we did not know if we were going to be a permanent couple of not.

Turns out we were not. And, I know some couples on here who both have active profiles because they also have lots of friends here, and post on the Forums.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 04:44 PM

Thankyou for sharing ladies.Yes i understand now.Most of the time if you made fiends you've met here on the forums or a "undecided not too sure" relationship with someone you will still want to take the risk & try again.I wish you both will have a successful future.:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 02:19 PM

I am so pleased with your honesty with your question and how politely you asked. I am also impressed with how you addressed the sisters who answered you. My dear, YOU have the right attitude! If ALL guys were to ask as you did, show respect, and be so honest I can guarantee there would be fewer people on here! Bless you and keep up the good faith! Blessings and hugs until we meet in heaven! Your sister, Lisa

gabrielle77

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 11:11 PM

That's also a question which I ask myself, I agree with the reasons given by the ladies, they're honest answers. My personal opinion regarding this is that while it's fun staying here, we can't deny the fact that there's still a great possibility that you might meet someone interesting here, of course since you put in your profile that you're already in a relationship, you would at first chat as friends, and who knows what might come next... everything is possible, and maybe couples may not admit it but at the back of their mind they might still be thinking that there might still be someone out there for them... so why not stay?

gabrielle77

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 11:17 PM

therefore in my honest opinion, if i found my true love, and i sincerely devoted myself to him, i would leave any dating site i was in, i would be grateful to the site and tell it my gratitude, but i won't stay... why still find time to chat here and write on forums when you would be busy with your new life? this could just divide your attention if not your heart :)) and for the fun... you have found your happiness, so why for? you can have fun together as a couple.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 05:10 PM

WoW! I did'nt know they had more replies to this ! i'm so sorry ladies. To: Gabrielle,Those are two good replies!!!!!!!!:applause::applause::applause: Again as i've said,they're good i maen great!:glow:I can see you've got one intelligent mind!!!!!! To: Rileyseaturtle::glow: I got to be a little honest with you-I AM NOT ALWAYS ON THE POSITIVE SIDE! If you could have only meet my mother now,she WILL tell of the times she & I do'nt even talk! I did'nt even curse her or disrespect her (& she knows that) in any way,But i was "hard ears!(did'nt listen to her).Currently,Jesus showed me that i would be sort of a hyporcrite if i was'nt polite to everyone.My teachers always & still remembers me -including new sudents who saw my "attitude" as you've put it! But on the faith side i was falling a bit.That's why i've then posted "Please pray for me(Mr.Wise) because God was showing me then & always reminds me that i should not decieve none-especally here. Thankyou both & God Bless!!:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 05:13 PM

Ps I don't go to school for years now.I forgot to put that in there.

nanobyte

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2011 09:17 AM

[quoting gabrielle77]

[[[ therefore in my honest opinion, if i found my true love, and i sincerely devoted myself to him, i would leave any dating site i was in, i would be grateful to the site and tell it my gratitude, but i won't stay... why still find time to chat here and write on forums when you would be busy with your new life? this could just divide your attention if not your heart :)) and for the fun... you have found your happiness, so why for? you can have fun together as a couple. ]]]

I agree totally. Once I'm in a true love relationship I cannot be pulled away by someone else anyway, I'm devoted and loyal and happy to be that way. Staying on a dating site after finding true love would only serve to create uneasiness in the back of my partner's mind, as well as send a message to them that "Well I love you but if something better comes along I'm outta here". In other words why invite temptation? As christians especially, trials and temptation will always present themselves without putting ourselves into dangerous situations and looking for it. Anyway not only would it be detrimental to a true love relationship to stay, it would also not be good for us as individuals to risk damaging our own integrity.

gabrielle77

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2011 08:34 AM

I deactivated my account here for the thought that i had already found the one, but he wasn't much into me as i was into him. I don't take it against him though for he is a good man, he's just being true to himself. It's good that I was able to reactivate my account here :) next time I fall in love I would not only deactivate my account, I would even delete it, but it's really so hard to tell if a person is sincere with you or not- some guys have honey tongue and it's a pity that I am a relative of winnie the pooh :D kidding aside I really think that if ur in a relationship u should stay away from dating sites... not unless u think, he isn't good enough for you yet. Everybody has his own opinion... just follow your heart and be happy.