Author Thread: To Provoke Them To Jealousy
Admin

To Provoke Them To Jealousy
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 04:12 PM

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. -Romans 11:11

Paul is speaking in regards to the Jews... How does salvation to the Gentiles provoke jealousy in the Jews?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 04:52 PM

Is it cuz Jesus* hada plan " B " Gentiles...an He loves us jus as much He loves the Jews...Equal ??? ...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 07:23 PM

two houses and one kingdom, plan B needs more imput

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 07:28 PM

Go up to up to Romans 9 starting in verse 30 ~

" What then shall we say? That the Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness has not attained it."

This verse explains why they would be jealous. The following verses explain why they did not attain righteousness.

: )

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 07:30 PM

The Jews agreed to do everything God asked and I believe He used them to bring Jesus and the plan of salvation to the world. Unfortunately, they decided to follow themselves instead of God and ended up killing God's Son because He was so different from what their pride expected. They just wanted themselves to be saved and to be saved from the gentiles, and God had other plans. When they realized these plans is when I think they became jealous. They selfishly wanted God all to themselves. They wanted to be saved "from" the gentiles, and not saved "with".

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 05:04 AM

Two is on the money.

An interesting side note is what would have happened if the Jews had not Crucified Christ? It kind of makes you wonder about "Predestination"? I mean where the Jews predestined to do what they did? Was Saddam Hussein predestined to be as evil as he was?

Are some predestined to be saved? Hummm?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 07:03 AM

I believe God can see the future, He doesn't need to coerce our will for events to happen. If the Jews hadn't done it, there would have probably been another instance where "the rocks would cry out". Jesus would have laid down His life anyway and the Jews would have gone on to be a royal priesthood to the gentiles instead of being cut off. The Jews would not have been responsible for the life of Jesus if had God made them do it, but God punished them for it. So either God made them do it and then lied about it and shifted the responsibility, or they had a choice and God just knew what they would do. Can't deny some interpretation of predestination, because God's prophecies always come true, but I believe people get the mechanics of it messed up. Is God pushing everyone into His design, or is He just telling us what is going to happen in His perfect plan that He knows will work because He already saw it happen?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 09:48 AM

@Arch

The implementation of the Law had predictable results.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 04:15 PM

I understand the plan "B" thing and I understand that Israel would reject her Messiah and salvation would then be offered to the Gentiles, but I'm still wondering if this would actually provoke the Jews to jealousy. I mean did the Jews actually show a jealousy toward the Gentiles back then? Do they now? Wasn't/isn't it more of a contempt than jealousy?

I've spoken to a couple Orthodox Jews over the years and they very much dislike the born-again Christians because of who we claim Jesus to be. If you even mention that Jesus was/is the Messiah, you'll lose any conversation with them [the best way to get along with them is to tell them you are a Zionist Christian]. But I have never seen a jealousy expressed from them. I have never heard an unsaved Jew say they were jealous of us because of our salvation and relationship with Christ.

Is it possible that there could be some future event related to our salvation that would provoke them to jealousy?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 04:24 PM

It just seems like the jews from that time were like "God is ours, and He'll send us a conquer to free us from the Romans!". Then when Jesus came and started offering salvation to people they thought didn't deserve it, they rejected them and Him. What for? Isn't that jealousy? When someone and takes what we have and gives it to someone else, wouldn't that make us jealous? Maybe I have the wrong definition again...

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 04:44 PM

Jealousy

strong's concordance #3863

"excite to rivalry"

Page : 1 2