Author Thread: Because of the angels?
Admin

Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 08:56 AM

I'm having trouble understanding what this scripture means. Can someone please help me out here?

1 Corinthians 11:10---------- For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:10 AM

great question! Now I get to dig to find the answer! I love the Bible, it's like my pastor always says "God doesn't hide it from us he hides it for us"

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:17 AM

I think I got it deborah look at V.3 of the same chapter. The head of every man is Christ and the head of every woman is man. So if angels are on assignment to do what the heirs of salvation say-Hebrews 1:14 (we are the heirs of salvation). Then the authority has to come from Christ and if the head of every man is Christ-meaning that's where his authority is derived from-than the woman has to show she is under authority of a man which in turn means she is under the authority of Christ. Without a "head covering" the woman is under authority of man. Head covering just means to be submitted to or under authority of course not just a hat or scarf or something. I hope this helped

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 02:20 PM

I am assuming you mean the,"angel" part? If I answer the head covering part I'll never get a date on this site!...lol. (apologies 'prophetcalling' using the word "date" was a accident!)

Ok, why because of the angels?

Because of Eph3:10 and 1Tim5:21 say we are being watched by angels.

It's kinda like your mother telling you to behave because God is watching. There are deeper interpretations having to do with authority that are equally valid interpretations but they can become a wee bit speculative as there has been only limited knowledge revealed to us about angels.

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 03:10 PM

Thanks, jonny and twosparrows. That helped me a lot.

God Bless Ya Both,

Deborah

And yes, I was asking about the angel part.:angel: :glow:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 03:45 PM

And who knows what angels he was talking about. Maybe he meant the bad ones. Have to remember that there is a war going on in heaven, maybe that has something to do with it.

:peace::peace:

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 08:57 PM

i'm gonna check it out...hopefully i will have something in the morning.

it has something to do with angels being present as we worship but the covering is authority. yes, our covering is our husband and under submission to him but I think it'smore than that.

View Profile
History
Because of the angels?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 08:41 AM

Interesting point, DontHitThatMark!

Looking forward to seeing what ya find out on the subject, riverof life.

God Bless,

Deborah