Author Thread: What do you do with God's signs?
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
What do you do with God's signs?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 10:31 AM

What do you do when you pray to God for signs and then you recieve dreams or signs in favor of what you you desire, yet things don't go the way your signs/dreams have shown you? Is it confusion from Satan or is it just not time yet? What do you do then?

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 06:36 PM

be patient

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 06:27 AM

Well... I don't pray for signs. Signs are real easy to misinterpret. It's also easy to think that we see signs when we in fact don't. If you want something bad enough, you'll imagine signs everywhere. What I do is pray for wisdom and discernment. I don't think that what you need here is more information; you need a filter to help you extract your answer from the information at hand.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 06:48 AM

I'm not sure God wants us to ask Him for signs. Reading his Word and understanding what his will is for our lives may be the only Sign we need.

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 11:09 AM

I dont pray for signs...I ask & receive confirmation of my prayer / request / petition through the WORD from the Lord Jesus...thats how I know without any doubt its from Him...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 07:08 PM

It takes a great deal of discernment to interpret "signs". Even when we ask for them, and are specific in our asking.

Pray, seek, wait. If it truly is from God --- then He will confirm it.

Try asking for God to confirm it beyond any doubt to you. And be prepared to accept whatever answer He gives. Also, be prepared to wait.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2010 03:09 PM

Stormcountry...I had the same thing happen to me and I try to find answers in the Word. If you are diligent about our bible reading God will touch our hearts with answers from the Bible. In the morning is the best time to read that way you can reflect on what you've read throughout the day and pray about it.

Good luck in your quest.

Hoz

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 02:11 PM

@ Pixy

Great answer! :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 06:12 PM

Sign sign everywhere a sign :winksmile:

Did you know the whole bible is FULL of signs -there was a sign for the birth of Christ...there are signs throughout the bible -a sign shows the WAY -He is the WAY-all his signs if followed will lead to Him. It is a beautiful truth. Do a study on the word sign sometime in the word of God...you will be amazed at what you find.

I have the same things happen to me as well...recently I woke a bit startled and heard the voice of the Lord telling me something I had never heard before-However I have been waiting for something else to happen but it has not yet occurred...my mind left uncontrolled wants to convince me it was not from God...but I know it was...so I just tell it to shut up..he he ( I am greater than my mind) because I am a spiritual being.

Anyway my point is ..We must ALL wait upon the LORD

Side Note-If you see a sign/hear a word/dream/vision/teaching and it does not point directly to the WAY-> Christ.. you are going the wrong way-make a u turn and follow the signs written in the word-they all lead to Christ...and just breath!

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 10:00 AM

I talk to my pastor about the signs and mainly the dreams I had had...and he stated that if one went astray from the scripture that that one was not of God..to follow and believe in the other dream..the problem is, is that neither dream had anything to do with scripture...but to kind of clear the air..the signs involved a girl who sho has now claimed to have her own sign and it doesn't involve me and so she has gone back to her ex...she claims I"m a good friend and that I'll find someone who will love me for me...so while she has seemingly closed that door and i'm willing to move on I"m still confused about the signs I recieved. It'd be nice if I could better understand God's signs for future purposes.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 10:48 AM

Good advice from Mercygirl and your pastor too, stormcountry. Just remember God is in control; take a deep breath. He'll show you what to do next.

chevy

Page : 1 2