Author Thread: What do you do with God's signs?
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
What do you do with God's signs?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 10:31 AM

What do you do when you pray to God for signs and then you recieve dreams or signs in favor of what you you desire, yet things don't go the way your signs/dreams have shown you? Is it confusion from Satan or is it just not time yet? What do you do then?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 12:14 AM

Matthew 12:38

Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Defender's Bible Notes

12:39 seeketh after a sign. �Sign� is the same word as �miracle.� This rebuke from Christ seems applicable to those Christians today who are continually looking for miraculous manifestations of one kind or another. We already have the completed Word of God, with abundant testimony to its inerrant authority, not to mention the tremendous scientific evidence of creation and historical evidence of Christ�s victory over death, so there is no need for further miraculous confirmation of our faith.

Matthew 16:1

The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would show them a sign from heaven.

He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern � the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Defender's Bible Notes

16:4 wicked and adulterous generation. The same words of rebuke had been spoken to another group of scribes and Pharisees as Jesus now spoke to, presumably, a different group of Pharisees and Sadducees (see Matthew 12:39). They should have been able indeed to discern the many �signs of the times� of Messiah�s first coming that were evident all around them. Just so, people today can see the numerous signs of His imminent second coming in the form of fulfilled prophecies. There is no need for special �signs and wonders,� such as many are seeking. Part 1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 12:17 AM

himselfAlambs Comment;

If Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, Sadducees, and scribes the masters of The Word of God of their time. When In the fulness of time he the Messiah was amoung them, for asking for a sign, when they should have discerned the "signs of the times" who he was by his mighty word, works and deeds. How much more us who have the whole counsel of God ( The Old Testament and The New Testament) The complete Word of God. I admonish you all to do as Paul encouraged Timothy. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself aproved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth..:) Peace be with you stormcountry I know the Lord will bless you in his counsel..:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 07:06 AM

himself, I'm not sure you understand what stotmcountry was asking.

Gideon layed out a fleece and each time He was answered by God.

chevy

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 02:27 AM

himselfAlambs comment,

Gideons fleece was to find out the will of God. And thats all I was trying to say in my first comment! That God manifest himself in his word, because stormcountry said he was "Struggling with his Faith" so I assummed that is why stormcountry was asking for a Sign. So I was just trying to inspire him to look into God's word, because I know God gives to all men liberally who diligently seek him..:)

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Hebrews 1:1-2

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Jesus said,

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh � profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.John 6:63

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and � spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Defender's Bible Notes

4:12 word of God. Both the written Word (the Scriptures) and the living Word (the Lord Jesus Christ) would satisfy the statements in this verse, but the over-all context would indicate that the Scriptures are primarily in view (note Hebrews 4:2; also Hebrews 5:12-13; plus the fact that so many quotations from the Old Testament appear in Hebrews). The Scriptures indeed are �quick and powerful��that is, �living and energizing,� able to impart to the reader both spiritual life and power (II Timothy 3:15-17).

4:12 two-edged sword. The �sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God� (Ephesians 6:17), is in reference to each individual �saying� of God, used as appropriate.

4:12 soul and spirit. There is a distinction between a person�s �soul� and his �spirit,� but they operate so much in concert that only the Scriptures can discern between them. The soul is probably the entity of conscious life and thought shared with animals, except that it is much more highly organized and complex in man, whereas the spirit is the entity that can be energized by the Holy Spirit, uniquely the �image of God� in man. Thus the soul and spirit seem to answer respectively to the �living and energizing� attributes of the Word. Note that man is indicated to be a tri-unity of �spirit and soul and body� in I Thessalonians 5:23, analogous in some respects to the divine Trinity. As far as the body is concerned, the sword of the Spirit can even divide between joints and marrow (again perhaps answering analogously to soul and spirit). The bone structure of the body is its skeletal framework; the �marrows� in these bones (the Greek is in the plural) constitute the engine that maintains the physical life of the body by producing its red blood corpuscles. In the original language, the relation between soul and spirit is illustrated by that between joints and marrow. That is, the sense can be taken as follows: �The sword of the Spirit pierces even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, even as a fine two-edged surgical knife in proper hands can separate the marrow from the bone joints containing it.�

himselfAlambs comment,

Wouldn't you rather have God himself speak to you and awaken your mortal flesh to the spirit's life. Or do you still want a Sign..:) I'll take the Word's of Life and I think also I have the Spirit of God..:) I have the best intentions for all of God's people hope this blesses you stormcountry.

Sincerely, in his love, himselfAlamb

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 02:13 AM

Storm Country,Possibly your girlfriend moving on is the sign that your not to be together.Everyone has a free will.I have had dreams before which I thought for sure were from God,which given time never took place.Maybe your dream is from God and maybe it wasn't you'll know if you wait.Sometimes God has a plan but we or someone else decides not to walk in it..God always has another plan.He has someone else for you just wait.Most important keep on seeking God and trusting him,put your life in his hands he doesn't fail his children.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2011 02:37 AM

Signs and Relationship.

From my experience God wants to have a relationship with us. He doesn't work in simple signs. And if he does then it is in a significant way so that there is no doubt. If you are confused at all about it then it is not from God. Gods also does not lead a person astray. God does not lead us on. If you receive a vision of a woman to pursue but she is not moving in your direction then you spend time pursuing something that will never come your way. You could end up being a stalker. If that happened then it would be from Satan. Satan likes to set up Christians for failure. God is so benevolent that his answers are always designed to protect us in every way. God never makes me pursue anything but rather brings things to me. In other words when we have a working relationship with God we can create stipulations and perameters for God to work within.

There is a difference between testing God and putting God to the test. God wants us to test him to determine his reality and he will help us test him. God wants us to test for his presence. And he is happy to work with us. I's ok to pray "God if this is really you then please do this..." And if it is consistent then it is from God. Also, evaluate your motives from a basic point of view. If you motives are self centered for instance "I want her because of my self edification", then these are your own motivations and not from God. But if you want to see her happiness and her fulfillment then it may be from God.

If you have done your self analysis. Since she has moved away your next test could be to ask God to bring her back to you. If this happens then you have one possible confirmation. Do at lest two more conformation prayers and request a specific thing that is nonbiased or nonobsessive on either side.

It can be hard to do but you can establish a relationship with God whereby God will help you understand how he works and show you how satan works.

Keep your tests private between just you and God. For satan likes to confuse things a to get you off track.

The bottom line is that God respects you for testing his reality. As long as you leave it open for God to respond the way he wants to. We also need to read the Bible to learn the way to pray for this.

kingliness

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2012 12:49 AM

Jesus gave many signs to the Pharisees and Sadducees, they just refused to see them because their hearts were hard. In fact, Jesus pointed to His signs to show He was from the Father.

And finally even though the Pharisees continually attacked Him and conspired against Him because of His signs (healing, raising the dead, opening eyes) He told them they would see the sign of Jonah, so those who were seeking would seek their Bibles and be able to recognize that Jesus was raised up like Jonah from the whale, another sign.

Did they truly seek Him and find?

Is this what happened? Peter spoke after Jesus was taken up and 3000 came to belief on that day.

Keep asking in faith brother, God will reveal Himself. However, He will NEVER contradict His Word, but maybe your interpretation of it. That we might all worship in Spirit and in Truth. So always be foolish before God willing to be taught by the Holy Spirit. :)

Be Blessed!

Page : 1 2