Author Thread: Prosperity:What does Biblical prosperity look like?
Admin

Prosperity:What does Biblical prosperity look like?
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 07:47 PM

@Everyone:

I find the average American Christian thinks of prosperity as being financialyl blessed of GOD.

Is financially the only way to being prospered of God.

Since man is body,soul and spirit before trusting Yeshua to saving them from the wrath of YHWH.

After trusting Yeshua they have become a new creation,spirit,soul and body.

How does GOD prosper a person,spiritually.

How does ones soul propser.

How does one prosper in their body.

This past Tuesday 30 Nov.2010,I was prospered of GOD.

At work He allowed me to meet a person proclaiming to being a believer in Yeshua.

This person delivers the propane to the company i work with.

Is this not to being Blessed of YHWH?

Has anyone else been blessed of YHWH this past week,month,or year.

Please let it be more then just material things and healings.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 01:50 AM

Love

Joy

Peace

Patience

Kindness

Goodness

Faithfulness

Gentleness

Self control

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 04:44 AM

@2spar.

Hey sparrow,could you elaborate how the fruit of the Spirit prospers ones soul?

marikashome

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 01:41 PM

A person can be prosperous to simply have clothes on their back, shoes on their feet, food to eat, heat, and shelter. But a person can be prosperous without even having these. I think Biblical prosperity is more about contentment than possessions or wealth.

"Godliness with contentment is great gain."

Mary

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 04:17 PM

It looks like this in the KJV & it reads purty good...

1.Deuteronomy 23:6

Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.

2.1 Samuel 25:6

And thus shall ye say to him that liveth in prosperity, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.

3.1 Kings 10:7

Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.

4.Job 15:21

A dreadful sound is in his ears: in prosperity the destroyer shall come upon him.

5.Job 36:11

If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

6.Psalm 30:6

And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

7.Psalm 35:27

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

8.Psalm 73:3

For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

9.Psalm 118:25

Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

10.Psalm 122:7

Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

11.Proverbs 1:32

For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

12.Ecclesiastes 7:14

In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

13.Jeremiah 22:21

I spake unto thee in thy prosperity; but thou saidst, I will not hear. This hath been thy manner from thy youth, that thou obeyedst not my voice.

14.Jeremiah 33:9

And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.

15.Lamentations 3:17

And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.

16.Zechariah 1:17

Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

17.Zechariah 7:7

Should ye not hear the words which the LORD hath cried by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain?

xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 04:33 PM

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 and all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city,

and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body,

and the fruit of thy ground,

and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine,

and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in,

and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

7 � The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

9 The LORD shall establish thee a holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

14 and thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. Deut. 11.13-17

Here is Abraham's blessing

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 02:10 AM

Jesus said in John 10:10b: I have come that you may have life and have it to the full.

With this I believe honest financial prosperity is Godly blessing.

If one is very poor and cannot make both ends meet, how can one minister to other people? Those not yet in the faith might be scared to follow his God and be as poor.

There are times also that financial prosperity destroys a person. So I think that a financially blessed one should always acknowledge in humility that everything comes from God and use such blessing to fish for more souls.

I think prosperity in spirit and soul is when we have contentment, inner peace, joy, etc.

I always feel blessed, well provided, and have been saved from possible calamities by guardian angels.:angel::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:38 AM

I see that financial prosperity seems to be the number one type of prosperity others have on their mind.

Yet real prosperity is not financial,rather as Mercymay wrote,I have come that you would have life,and have that life more abundantly.

This life is not physical,material,or financial.

This life is the life of GOD #2222 in Strongs concordance.

I was looking to see how ABBA prospers us daily as we interact with others.

Are we aware how prosperous we are,apart from material,physical and financil prosperities.

If all a person is aware of is the financial and material things in this life,then they miss out seeing Yeshua throughout this life..

Agape' and Charis:

A sinner saved by grace-hahahahahaha