Author Thread: Grieving the Holy Spirit
Admin

Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 10:29 AM

EPH 4:1-32 ( KJV )

What are some ways Christians grieve the Holy Spirit GOD ???

30~ And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

xo

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 11:18 AM

The answer is obvious, as it is found in the verse 29, 31 and 32 Therefore I assume you are making a point. I will presume even further and say your point is that you believe the Biblical discussion/debate on this site grieves the Holy Spirit.

I disagree except where it becomes mean spirited.

To explain:

Jude, we men can wrestle, shove, and push all the while loving one another. We have been doing this since we were boys, and usually with a woman saying "now you boys quit that", (what they are really saying is : why can't you play like girls)

Your point is well taken and it would be beneficial for everyone to read Eph 4:29-32. However if you want us to play tea party and dressup....your spitt'n in to the wind.

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 11:37 AM

I can say the same thing as two just did but it would come across mean!...LOL! guess I shoulda played tea with my sisters more! I debate with men at my job and we are much harder on each other than I am here I do try and soften it up some and it doesnt always work.

I have said this before. I can have a debate even a heated debate with a man and when we are done, even though we still disagree, we can shake hands and walk away still being friends. But if a man tells a woman she is wrong....OH! he will need to take cover because the wrath will come down on him!

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 12:03 PM

Wow !!! That was met with Pi$$ & Vinegar�

2Spar shared ~ The answer is obvious, as it is found in the verse 29, 31 and 32 Therefore I assume you are making a point. I will presume even further and say your point is that you believe the Biblical discussion/debate on this site grieves the Holy Spirit.

Hummmm�I believe you have jumped the startin gate & gotten off track afor ya got on it 2Spar�I asked a question & you assume ima makin a point bout the Biblical/Discussion Threads�GeeeWezzz�Ifin that�s what you assume�Please leave the Me part out of the A$$ U Me�:laugh:...

MrRow ~ Don�t know where that comment bout women being wrong fits into the topic question I asked bout�:rolleyes:...

Lets look at verses 17-19 as I asked � What are some ways Christians Grieve the Holy Spirit ? �

17~ This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18~ Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19~ Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Anyone else ( Men & Women ) up for a Open Discussion or Tea Party & Spitin in the Wind ???�:bouncy:...xo

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 12:05 PM

Thank you Mr Row, I suppose my post could be taken as mean. So to apologize in action, not in not mere words, Here you go Jude :

Things are things that we men should avoid when discussing :

* unwholesome talk

* bitterness

* rage

* anger

* brawling

* slander

* every form of malice

Things we should do when discussing :

* build one another up

* kind

* passionate

* forgiving

Jude,

As Gus said in Lonesome Dove when the dinner bell was being rang and rang ; "We hear you, we hear you!"

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 12:33 PM

One clear way is for man is to walk in the vanity of his mind.

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 01:22 PM

I believe one way we grieve the Holy Spirit is when we refuse to listen to and heed what the Spirit is saying.

God Bless,

Deborah

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 01:47 PM

something on this subject from C.H. Spurgeon-

HERE IS SOMETHING very touching in this admonition, "Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God." It does not say, "Do not make him angry." A more delicate and tender term is used�"Grieve him not." There are some men of so hard a character, that to make another angry does not give them much pain; and indeed, there are many of us who are scarcely to be moved by the information that another is angry with us; but where is the heart so hard, that it is not moved when we know that we have caused others grief?�for grief is a sweet combination of anger and of love. It is anger, but all the gall is taken from it. Love sweetens the anger, and turns the edge of it, not against the person, but against the offense. We all know how we use the two terms in contra-distinction the one to the other. When I commit any offense, some friend who hath but little patience, suddenly snaps asunder his forbearance and is angry with me. The same offense is observed by a loving father, and he is grieved. There is anger in his bosom, but he is angry and he sins not, for he is angry against my sin; and yet there is love to neutralize and modify the anger towards me. Instead of wishing me ill as the punishment of my sin, he looks upon my sin itself as being the ill. He grieves to think that I am already injured, from the fact that I have sinned. I say this is a heavenly compound, more precious than all the ointment of the merchants. There may be the bitterness of myrrh, but there is all the sweetness of frankincense in this sweet term "to grieve." I am certain, my hearers, I do not flatter you when I declare, that I am sure that the most of you would grieve, if you thought you were grieving anyone else. You, perhaps, would not care much if you had made any one angry without a cause; but to grieve him, even though it were without a cause and without intention, would nevertheless cause you distress of heart, and you would not rest until this grief had subsided, till you had made some explanation or apology, and had done your best to allay the smart and take away the grief. When we see anger in another, we at once begin to feel hostility. Anger begets anger; but grief begets pity, and pity is next akin to love; and are love those whom we have caused to grieve.

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 02:23 PM

Good point Deborah...I whole heartedly agree...:yay:...

River ~ Excellant article...thank you for sharing it...xo

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 05:35 PM

Ms. Jude,

I would answer that displaying

�bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice� would be one way of Grieving The Holy Spirit. By not being kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving to each other, just as Christ God forgave us...would be another way.

God gave Man a Mandate�to Protect and Serve. You need to be a �little rough� sometimes in order to do this. God has Warriors (both male and female) whom tend to be a �little rough�. These type of people that are a �little rough� (there�s a theme here) do sometimes get a �little rough�.

I can accept �Rough��it is Ignorance and Duplicity and ARROGANCE and �that make me�well�a �little rough�.

View Profile
History
Grieving the Holy Spirit
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 06:07 PM

Godsjude: "twosparrows yes you can be a a hole sometimes, but I respect your openess and honesty ....and yes thank you for the apology, I do accept it and forgive you."

twosparrows: "thank you for your forgiveness, I know you are a woman who is upset when the dog and kitty play to rough, but I consider you. Godly woman that puts love first in all she does."

Hmmm... wouldn't that be nice to hear?....no wonder we are all single...lol!

Page : 1 2 3