Author Thread: "Message not yet read"
UNC2011

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 09:40 AM

I've sent several PM's out but none of them seem to get read. My question, does this site send a email out every time they get a message like some other dating sites do or do you just have to hope they eventually log back on and see it?

Tulip89

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:23 AM

I think it's supposed to, but whether or not that actually happens is not always guaranteed.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:27 AM

It depends on how the person has their settings set. I get an email every time someone winks at me or sends me a PM. I could change that, though, and never be notified about anything.

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:41 AM

You can set that under the mail setting section. By default it is turned on. The problem with the email is that it is in plain text and not well formatted, so it can easily be mistaken as spam or phishing.

I think the better reason is that the person you are messaging is no longer interested in finding someone on this site, and hasn't figured out how to cancel their account.

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 02:43 PM

I UNC2011,thankyou for posting this.I was going to post & possibly will post a thread in the "suggest new forums & topics" area.I always wonder why sometimes your messages or not read instantly,especially if they're currently "online now" here (CDFF) since it appears that you can only see the replies in the "Inbox" section if you check when your online here without no alarm of notice,even though you will if you're reading your emails.But now thinking about it,if the lady you're messaging here have about a high "Favourite lists" which means she might possibly have TONS& TONS of messages or like a profession that is always time consuming (e.g,broadcasting,an author of books ,a manager or self employed,fashion designer e.t.c) she may not always reply so soon.Some ladies who i've message takes between three days or a a week to read & or relpy to my messages! All i can say is this: 1: DO NOT ask her (or them if this is the case) why they do'nt respond a little short time after you messaged them. 2: DO NOT beg or make it look like your "forcing" them to respond since it will look like a "controling & impatient guy" & who know? they mabe even test your patience!I know that obviously is'nt that type of person,but i just put my input on this here.Also,keep track to see if she (or they) still login here.That way,you'll see if she checks this site,but since you can change that in the mail settings,that also can be even a little test.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 04:09 PM

As far as knowing when someone is online or not, this site is kinda mixed up. Unless you intentionally log off of this site, I think you show up as "online" every time you open your internet browser. At least, that's what a friend and I determined. That's also why a lot of IMs are ignored...the person is on the internet, but not on this site, so the IM box never actually pops up.

UNC2011

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 08:53 PM

That's interesting and makes sense because I sent a girl something a week ago and she was "online" for a good 30 minutes after I sent it. I didn't want to IM her without PM'ing her first just out of respect for her. I mean she might not be interested and I didn't want to force myself on her. She still hasn't read the message though and I sent it on Saturday. Maybe she wasn't ever online to begin with?

I'm just not having much luck with this site thus far, I guess I need to stay patient.

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 01:07 PM

Another thing i want to add here.Some girls seem to check your profile first before they read or relpy to your message.I'm saying this because it happens to me the first time.Also,in the mail settings area,you could veiw people profiles without them knowing.That also could be the case with you,or as i said earlier,she might have too many messages to read.

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 01:20 PM

Also, i want to say this:PATIENCE IS THE BEST THING YOU COULD ONLY DO AT THIS TIME!& Do'nt forget to pray to God on it.:waving:

Eddie777

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:31 AM

If I were you I would go over your profile and see if there is anything on there that might be turning these girls off. If so edit it and/or change your pics.

UNC2011

View Profile
History
"Message not yet read"
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 09:28 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with my profile, besides that's who I am. I can't force a girl to like me, she either is going to read it and be interested initially or she's not. Besides if we start talking and I put up a front and we end up meeting she's going to find out who I am eventually anyway so I might as well be upfront about it.

I really don't think that's a problem though, these girls haven't even viewed my profile (unless they have that option hidden I guess) So if it is a problem then I just have to give that over to the Lord and wait on the person he has for me.

Page : 1 2