Author Thread: Curious.......Why are Christians the most judgmental people out there?
shi2010

View Profile
History
Curious.......Why are Christians the most judgmental people out there?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:01 PM

I assume this has always been an issue, but never addressed it until I experienced it on this site.

I'm merely curious to hear your answers and comments!

Thanks for posting:angel:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 01:54 PM

You may have tried to back up your statements with personal experience, it's still a pretty serious accusation to make. Really though, you'll meet all kinds of people who try to feel better about themselves. People who use Christianity as a hobby and a set of rules are going to use them to try to make themselves feel better than others. People use religion, political views, money (or lack thereof), possessions, types of clothing, education, and all kinds of other things in the same way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 05:18 PM

You know - God says we're not to be friends with the world. But we are to love everyone and treat them kindly. Where's the line between loving them and being their friend? If I choose to not hang out with someone who isn't a Christian, then people judge me and say I'm too narrow or stuckup or too good for them. No - I just don't want to be put in a situation where I might be tempted to do things I wouldn't normally do or something.

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 06:37 PM

alycorn25

Missionary,

How do you expect to reach out and set an example to the non believers/followers, if you repel them?

Temptation,

I'm sure it doesn't rub off, and if it does, you aren't quite in the position you think you're in to judge anyway.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 07:49 PM

I don't think I repel them. I get along well with most folks. I guess the way I stated it above that it sounds like I turn off everyone. It's the ones that continually nag about why don't I go out with them and have just one drink or go to their house party or even get dragged into a conversation on gays - there are some things that I know I don't handle well so I stay away from those situations. And I tend to argue when I get into religious debates, so I don't enter them, or I simply state my opinion.

Bottom line is: We ARE supposed to be different than the world. People are going to recognize that there is something different about us Christians. They might not want to be like us because they're having too much fun in their sin, but hey, that's their decision. I don't put people down for it; they're either are either OK because I declined, or they get mad because I don't want to go and I must think I'm better than them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 11:28 PM

I think it is really easy for people to be self-righteous and arrogant when they stop looking to love others the way the Bible teaches whether Christian or non-Christian. So basically it's because everybody is human, and some of those humans happen to come up short when it comes to being aware of and understanding what they believe and living it.

mariavicenta

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 05:52 AM

hi shi2010...

ur welcome..

Indeed, i understand what u feel my friend....they r just people who really want to put us down...

God knws whats really inside our hearts..if people judged us mistakenly ..then...:dancingp: be glad...coz God is with us in our side..!!!

Remember Jesus was being misjudged??? and even persecuted???

and....if those people dont like us becoz of unfair judgment....then..they are no longer christian..but a judgmental one..!!!

..Dont be sad..God loves us anyway even if those people dont like us...

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 10:23 AM

mariavicenta

You are quite the young lady, with very smart observations!

Thank you!:angel:

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 10:29 AM

brandon85

Thanks for your input!:angel:

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 11:19 AM

Tulip89

A stroke of humility doesn't hurt every once in a while.

I promise I'm not categorizing all Christians, just some of the ones I've met. I thought I modified that for you already.

Either way,

I appreciate your input!:angel:

sparrowsong79

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 07:47 AM

There's always an issue of balance between true conviction and being judgemental. Of course the Scriptures teach that the true Gospel will offend, so we cannot necessarily back-up when someone is offended with the truth. However, I agree that often Christians forget the Grace by which they themselves came to Christ and do not exhibit that same Grace to others.

How often do we chase people from really hearing the Good News of the Gospel with unbalanced and ungracious attitudes? Christ's own approach to the woman of Samaria at the well illustrates beautifully how we should approach the sinner.

Then, of course, there is the story of how the Lord dealt with the moneychangers in the temple...but that's a different "story" altogether!:glow:

Page : 1 2 3