Author Thread: Curious.......Why are Christians the most judgmental people out there?
shi2010

View Profile
History
Curious.......Why are Christians the most judgmental people out there?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 07:01 PM

I assume this has always been an issue, but never addressed it until I experienced it on this site.

I'm merely curious to hear your answers and comments!

Thanks for posting:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 11:42 AM

I do not believe Christians are the " Most " Judgmental people...It's been my personal expierance through the years being a Christian that Convictions coming from the Holy Spirit ( Light ) are a hard pill to swallow...No person likes to Admit they are Sinful or Wrong...on the other hand...Condemnation comes from Satan/Lucifer ( Dark ) and he Aautomaticly makes a person feel Guilty afor Truth of the matter is Verified...IMHO...and I am not Prejudice...I find the Muslims to be the Most Judgmental of All Re-Legions...thats my 2 bits...xo

shi2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 09:12 AM

GodsJude

The only reason I say" The Most Judgmental" is to underline the fact that no one should be judging anyone, but it is especially wrong when a believer/follower of Christ does it.

Christ didn't judge the most unruly of people, so how are we following his word yet coming up with new rules that Christ wouldn't even consider?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 01:42 PM

Sparrowsong said it beautifully�& I will admit I lack in the area of bein gracious at all times towards others�Ima work in progress...:laugh:...

Shi shared ~ The only reason I say" The Most Judgmental" is to underline the fact that no one should be judging anyone, but it is especially wrong when a believer/follower of Christ does it. Christ didn't judge the most unruly of people, so how are we following his word yet coming up with new rules that Christ wouldn't even consider?

Hummm�I hear what yer sayin�But I do not find it Especially Wrong nor Not following His WORD�as Far as making up new rules�Ya some people do that�IMO�Its called smashin something into the Scripture to Fit the persons Mold of Truth instead of Accepting the WORD as the Truth�

I find it hard to understand that people really believe that Jesus was a Sugar & Spice Everything Nice Fluffy Puffy Cotton Candy Goody Two Shoes kinda Guy when He walked the earth amongst His People. Ima gona Piggyback off Sparrowsong�s last statement here�Do you not remember reading in yer Bible when Jesus went to the Temple an was upset at the $$$ changers for turning the outer courts of the Temple into a Den of Thieves ? He turned those tables upside down with Righteous Anger�Are ya gona tell me he Did Not � Judge � the actions of those $$$ changers to make His point ???

Do you remember reading in yer Bible when Judas lead those that sought Jesus to Crucify him�When they Questioned Him, Accused Him�Took Him into custody�He said to them�When Ye Judge�Judge Righteously�

Its also in the Bible�Do not Judge lest you be Judged�Does anyone really understand what this means ??? It means if you do Judge you will be Judged the same way�and not Just by Lord Jesus but by Everyone�.

It is not my place to Judge People for their Sin, way of Life or Beliefs�It is my place & Responsibility as a Christian to let a Brother or Sister know that maybe what they be Doin or Sayin isn�t quite in line with GOD�And I have complete Trust & Faith in my Brothers Sisters to do the same�And Yes !!! It has been done unto me�Sometimes with Love�sometimes with Sarcasm�sometimes with Anger�but All in All�Its been Righteous�an I am Grateful & Proud to call them Fellow Christians�Hope that helps ya in some way�xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 04:06 PM

Question: Why is it so?Answer:they're not Christians.Most of the time though,people who are "Christian" or not,mostly judge people because they do'nt have confidence or do'nt think positive about themselves.Another thing that got me is this:Sometimes people may get advice from people may sound like if thy're insulting you (e.g,the person may say that you will have to lose the weight because they noticed that you are a little uncomfortable.They did'nt mean any harm by what they've said,but to you,that might mean that they're saying that you're getting fat).What get me is that they're some people out there who want advice,but when the person gives it to them truthfully, they're offened by what the person have said because it was'nt what they wanted to hear.I mean,what do you want,me to lie to you & make up some "sweet wishy washy" (meaning not good but i'm lying)story?

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 10:13 AM

The clear fact is that as believers in the Messiah, you are suppose to judge. You judge what is right and wrong, not with the world, but with your family.

If I live with someone who truly claims to be a believer, but continuously sins- I must warn him! If Paul was truly a man of God, he was always judging the churchs and telling them how to act, and how to be. I've found in my own walk that those who resist that judgement and continually say, "You are just judging me!" Are not true followers of the way. (That is, when the judgement is true). These who resist the judgement of righteousness are not followers of the Messiah, but they go after their own desires; that is why they say, "Do not judge me." But if they were truly followers of the way, and something was brought to their attention, they would check to see the Scriptures or seek and ask the Father what he desires and whether he should change or not.

1 Cor 5:12 Those outside the church it is not my business to judge. But surely it is your business to judge those who are inside the church--God alone can judge those who are outside"

According to the Scripture it says, "The Spiritual man judges all things." Also, Heb 4:12 (NIV) The word of God is living and active... it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

But it judges differently from the ways of the world.

John 8:15-16,26 (NIV) "You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father who sent me... I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

One can truly never understand the Scriptures unless he has the Spirit. That is why there are so many denominations and so many beliefs out there. It is because people do not have the Spirit, for even Paul himself said, "Be of ONE MIND and ONE accord AGREEING"

But as for judgement, one must have the Spirit to know what is true judgement and what is not true judgement.

I have heard many times by people saying to myself, "You think you are more righteous than others"

But I do not!! Far be from it!!!! I have sinned before in my life, so I am worthy of death. I only believe that God sent his Son as a sacrifice for my sin! But then I know there is a standard for true belief for even the Scripture states faith without works are DEAD. And as one matures in faith, it is POSSIBLE to live a sinless life. The Messiah himself says, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." How many times do Paul, John, and others say, "Do NOT sin." Going back to the beginning of this paragraph, in fact if you look at it, the person who has said this to me is the one who passed judgement on me! Do you really know for sure if I believe I am more righteous than others- or have you spoken out of your mouth what you do not truly know?

Judgement in the Spirit is true, but judgement of this world is false.

Shalom

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 09:18 PM

I believe there multiple factors to your experience:

1, most people that claim to be Christians don�t know Jesus Christ and some don�t even know about him. I used to think I was a Christian by inheritance because my grandparents went to church.

2, some people come to websites (even Christian ones) just to argue, debate, and pick a fight. I have to admit the ones that don�t go overboard keep the sites exciting.

3, there are many different beliefs within Christianity. And it can be very to appear judgmental when defending your position. Especially for those well meaning folks that don�t know how to express themselves very well.

Bottom line is we�re still not perfect people, just better than we used to be.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 09:24 PM

I need an edit button; put �easy� in there on #3 just after very.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 12:21 PM

MariaV.,

Sadly, many of us will be judged and found wanting by other Christians. It is not right nor fair. Our Lord made each of us in his image and we are all his children. Yet, some are judged by people as more worthy. Then again, we are all people and none of us is perfect.

You are beautiful and so your millstone to carry is nationality. I am not beautiful because I am overweight by American standards. That is my burden. Or is it?

Yes, people are going to be hateful, cruel, and even downright mean. I would propose that those people are to be pitied. Those who seek a cookie cutter person miss out on the variety and spice that the Lord has provided. So many blessings they throw back or just don't see. We can allow them to judge us and take that judgment to heart. Or we can pity them for their narrow, scared little minds and missed blessings. How many blessings do they not receive because they simply will not allow themselves?

I feel the pain you alluded to concerning the treatment of others. May you find the strength to not let them define you nor to limit you. May you also continue to be open to the many blessings the Lord offers.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 03:48 AM

I never worry about being called judgmental. That's because I'm usually called that by people who always seem to lack good judgment.

:nahnah:

Page : 1 2 3