Author Thread: What are your thoughts on Exorcisms?
Admin

What are your thoughts on Exorcisms?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 08:27 AM

Are they Real?

Are there any documented cases? How do you go about "exorcising" someone?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 12:26 PM

Here are 2 Scriotures concerning demonic possession.

Notice how quickly the mns had left.

Mark 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;

Mar 9:18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.

Mar 9:19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

Mar 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

Mar 9:21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.

Mar 9:22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

Mar 9:26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

Mar 9:27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

Mar 9:28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Act 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Act 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Act 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

I would like to have this sinus infectioned driven out.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 03:52 PM

River and Chuck,

What sign would you say points to �demonic possession��rather than just �counseling�? I mean how can you say that these were not just a mentally disturbed person being �counseled�?

and

Do you remember any of the demon�s names? How many were in these people...what was the most at any one time?

What about superhuman strength? Speaking in languages? Anything like that?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 09:42 PM

@ bornagain,

In the tv show I was watching and in other cases I have studied, people can be possessed by many demons and they don't all leave at the same time.

I have to say that I don't think it is right for us to believe that every time we encounter a demon and attempt and exorcism that we can expect the same results that Jesus had. Even though we are the children of God and are indwelled by the Holy Spirit it doesn't mean that demons will obey us immediately. I think demons know it is possible for them to intimidate us and they want to test our spiritual strength. What's more, even in Jesus' case, the demons don't want to leave their host and will argue and fight to stay.

I learned about deliverance at a church I attended in San Francisco. I don't agree with all of the teachings of the deliverance movement and I don't cast demons out of people any more. I came to the place where I believed some of these "issues" people had and were calling demons were either the result of their own failure to repent or they may have had undiagnosed psychological problems and deliverance wasn't going to help them. I now recommend a thorough psychological evaluation before deciding to do an exorcism. It really eliminates the people that don't need exorcism because most of them won't submit to the evaluation.

Thunder (the exorcist reindeer)

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 11:34 PM

Thunder,

You bring up an excellent point! Actual cases of demonic possessions are very rare. What you are talking about (deliverance) is most often just that...mental illness or a need to have attention given to them ( by both the exorcist and the possessed).

The Catholic Church has been doing Exorcisms for over 2,000 years and has documented many of them (with recordings and eye witnesses).

In the movie 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' there is a scene where you can hear the demons speaking (three at one time). This was the actual recording that was used in the movie. This girl was speaking with three voices at the same time! There were many witnesses (both family and not family) present throughout the ordeal.

Once you realize that possession is real and hear the tapes...you will have no doubt in your mind or Heart that God exists!

Quite frightening!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 11:39 PM

Chuck,

do you remember any of the names given by those demons? From what I understand you need to make them give you their names as a sign of Christ's Authority.

I can only imagine hearing some demon say it's name. I would never forget something like that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 03:11 AM

Thank you for explaining, Thunder. I think you're a very wise reindeer:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 03:51 AM

Is it not amazing all the questions and no scripture brought into the discussion. Notice what is said in scripture, these signs shall follow them that believe in MY NAME THEY SHALL CAST OUT DEMONS! Those that think, those that have opinions, those that interpret are not included. I would recommend interpreters and those that do not believe the following verse in MARK stay away from such. HOW do you believe you will overcome satan with rituals?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 04:34 AM

No rituals for me----- The Name of JESUS gets the job done.:bow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 09:05 AM

Chevy,

I take it that you've exorcised demons? Would you elaborate on the experience? Specifically...did you get any names? How long did it take? Did you feel any fear while doing it or any sense of an "evil" presence?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 09:26 AM

Archimedes,

Why don't you ask your parish priest if you can accompany him to a excorism.then you will understand why people are reluctant to share details.

A analogy you maybe able to understand, is a military man who has been in battle is reluctant to talk about it as opposed to the man who has never seen battle who is always talking about it.

Page : 1 2 3 4