Author Thread: What are your thoughts on Exorcisms?
Admin

What are your thoughts on Exorcisms?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 08:27 AM

Are they Real?

Are there any documented cases? How do you go about "exorcising" someone?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 09:10 AM

Uuummmm...did not Christ Jesus cast out Demons ??? Did not HE say to His deciples that they would do the same ???...Of course its real...:glow:...It is not something to be takin lightly nor to be played with...One on One battle with Satan is dangerous foe someone not firmly planted in the Lord Jesus an equipt spiritually to acomplish the deed...xo

P.S. I believe it is not Only the Catholic Church that has Autority to do this...GOD Calls an Choses whom He decides to Accomplish these deeds for HIS GLORY...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 09:33 AM

THE SIMPLICITY IS if you are born again you have the ability to cast out devils, that is if the per wants to be free!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 12:28 PM

I agree with GodsJude. I have known people who have done this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 03:18 PM

I just finished watching a show on the History channel about this. There are plenty of documented cases of possession and exorcism. It seems that there was a time for a few centuries when exorcism was left up to the Catholic church to deal with. This was because it was evident that their method was superior to the Protestant method. After the beginning of the Pentecostal movement early in the 1900's there was more interest in exorcism among Protestants. After the release of the movie, "The Exorcist" which was based on a real event exorcism became a very popular topic and was debated in many Christian denominations. Today there are over 500 Protestant denominations that practice Deliverance.

I think possession is very real and therefore exorcisms are a necessary part of the ministry of the Church. I think however that many of the ones practicing Deliverance are too anxious to cast out demons and aren't prepared for the long and arduous battle that will take place. In some cases an exorcism can take years.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 04:55 PM

Thunder, I don't understand--------- Why would it take years?

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 06:27 PM

Yes they are real and legitimate from a Scriptural perspective. Christ gave us power over demons, and demons still do possess people today. I've known people who could see demons, and I've felt their activity. I knew a guy who by his own admission was possessed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 09:32 PM

I have participated in exorcisms, they are definitely real. I found it to be draining yucky kind of experience. If it needs to be done I'll help,if asked and feel led, other than that I just a soon not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 05:56 AM

Chuck,

When you participated in those exorcisms...did you guys use the Roman Ritual or did you just �wing it�? I think that we here would like very much to hear the particulars. What were the manifestations? What prayers did you use?

Also was this during your "Catholic" period?

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 06:40 AM

yes of course it's real, but it's not quite like the movie, lol

the demons come in through a door that has been opened in a person life or generational line. When I say door, I mean a traumatic experience or sin or could be specific things in your family such as witchcraft (including psychics) masonry or something like that.

the person doing the deliverance (excorcism) needs to know what they're doing. I've done a few lately and God moved incredibly. It's nothing like the movie or what you have seen on TV, no yelling or anyting like that. It's exposing the lie that we're believing or maybe we need to forgive...many other things, but once these things are addressed, the demons dont have any reason to be there and they leave.

someone with authority and discernment needs to be handling these situations.

Not to be taken lightly! If someone tries this and they dont know what they are doing, the situation could become worse and the demons can injure someone. I've seen it go horribly wrong and the demons made a spectacle out of the person being delivered. Then the person was scared to see someone else in fear of it happening again..but yes, she got delivered a few months later.

I know I barely scratched the surface but without writing a book, I tried to explain it in a simple way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 09:30 AM

Archimedes,

No did not use Catholic ritual. Suppose you could say we ,"Winged it" ....We had Jesus as our,"Wing man". Used no ritualistic prayers. Manifestations included profanity, writhing, foaming at the mouth, anger and convulsions.

Page : 1 2 3 4