Author Thread: The final word in making a decision
Miss_Chris

View Profile
History
The final word in making a decision
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 04:51 PM

Here is a scenario: Let's say the husband, we will call him Pot Roast, wants their child to go to a private school. And the wife, we will call her Lamb Chop, is voting for the public school across the street.

After Pot Roast lovingly takes into account Lamb Chop's perspective, cares, relevant issues, and desires for their child, and after Lamb Chop hears Pot Roast's reasons and such for the private school... if after all is said respectfully and lovingly they can not come to an agreement, then it's Biblical for the wife to leave it up to the husband to make the final decision. This is because God has put him as the head of the household and she is to respect his decision.

The husband is to submit himself to God and be certain that God is giving him the answer.

If I were that Christian wife, all I've got to say is he'd better be getting his answer from God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:48 AM

Tough one, but I think you answered it yourself. The Godly husband has the final say and it should be done gently. Given time, he may change his mind if he sees the private school point and she continuously prays without nagging.

Otherwise, Lambchop will be "stewing." :rolleyes:

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 03:39 PM

Absolutely agreed.

Otherwise, Lamb chop will have him skewered :laugh: