Author Thread: Thumbs down to email restrictions
GirlNamedSue

View Profile
History
Thumbs down to email restrictions
Posted : 15 Sep, 2008 06:17 PM

My pet peeve on this site is that you can't email a guy if you don't fall into the age category he has specified. I like younger guys and am not even given a chance to change their minds!

DevotedMale

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2008 01:15 PM

I agree 100% Sue, especially on a Christian Site, god may have someone he wants to enter your life and if you have a restriction, your not just restricting the one he is sending but God himself.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2008 10:33 PM

I understand what you mean....but then again I think it is a good thing. I mean....I'm only about to be 23, and no offense to ANY man that is in his forties and on this site...good for them! BUT, I don't really need a man in that age range messaging me because personally that is too old for me...or maybe I think I'm too young for them :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2008 02:59 AM

= ) ... people have preferences that we should try to honor - excellent points about God having the perfect one in mind for you, with His ideas and decisions(the Creator) being far superior to our ideas and decisions(the creations.) If I see a profile that inspires me for a future of ministry and the age range is shaving me off by 1 or 2 years.. just add them as a favorite and see if they notice enough to send you an email! After a few weeks, remove them from your favorites to avoid that stalker flag :laugh:

God bless you!

davie1969

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2008 05:49 PM

i see your point although i never thought of it that way. i personaly have an open (no restriction)setting on my mail and think it would be best if everyone did the same but you have to respect others decicions. one way round it might be to view there profile that way thay out of curiosty view yours and will contact you and you can then reply.wishing you all the best

davie

3rdday

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 02:57 AM

Dear Sue,

Excellent for you! BUT If a guy wrote the exact same thing, somebody would ask him what kind of perv he was. I think the rule should have room for exceptions, but think about it.