Author Thread: It was God's will that I got out of that relationship....
yve24242

View Profile
History
It was God's will that I got out of that relationship....
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 01:45 AM

I met this guy online and I got to know him a lot through conversations (you know to check if he's really a Christian). He knew the Bible through and through and we got to know each other deeply and decided to meet up. We went out a couple of times, he introduced me to his family and we are both of marrying age and after a couple of months we both decided to plan to get married.

There are a lot of times when I wanted to ask him questions because the answers to the questions were my assurance that I was making the right decision to go ahead and marry him. I'd always put them aside because I guess I was afraid that his answers were not what I wanted them to be. But eventually I asked, and unfortunately it even came to a point wherein Scriptures was used to justify sin.

I cared about that man and it hurt so much when I had to break up with him. I wanted to marry him but knew that to be in such married was wrong. We all sin and we all need forgiveness but to blatantly commit sin was unacceptable because I know that if we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us and change us, it will happen.

I know that God made a way for me to see clearly what I was getting myself into. I am still hopeful that the next time I do find a guy, it wil bel someone who sincerely loves the Lord and knows His word from his heart.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 04:54 AM

As painful as it is to say: you made the right decision. Often times we sin because of ignorance of God's Word, or because sin has a stronghold in our lives. But to twist scripture deliberately to justify sinning is the worst.

yve24242

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 08:15 PM

Thank for the reassurance. At times when I was lonely and missed him, I'd often think that I should have stayed with him and worked the relationship through. But it is true that being reminded by God's word always put in the right path. Often times its easy to stay in a relationship even though we already know its not glorifying God, just because we are afraid to go through the searching and waiting process (I'd say I felt that way at some point during the relationship).

I just praise God because He reminded me to seek Him and to search my heart and read His word and I found peace in waiting for God's will.

yve24242

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 08:19 PM

I still pray for him, not that we'd get back together but for God to speak to his heart. Because if he truly believed that if we ask God to help us control our human nature desires, we can with God's help. I guess it boils down to our willingness to yield to the working of the Holy Spirit.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 09:49 PM

yve24242

Have you heard that song unanswered prayers? If you and that man didn't work out as painful as it maybe God has other person in store for you the difficult part is waiting but everything happens for a reason to serve a purpose to teach us something every person every experience so take what you learned from that experience and see it as a blessing in disguise

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 12:38 PM

yve24242,

you are a woman of God. you did somthing hard, and I admire you for it!

PocketFullOfSmiles

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 11:00 PM

Your post here has encouraged me alot. I was more or less in the same type situation and struggling if I am making the right decision. Thank you for your post.