Author Thread: ditched
Maniacs1

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 09:20 PM

is it just me, or does it seem like whenever life dumps you in the ditch, noone ever seems to be around to help pick you up and out of it? or in some cases there is someone to help, but they ditch you soon after for some reason or another.

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 09:39 PM

that's when you turn to the Friend who sticks closer than a brother, when you trust in the One who will remember you even if your own family won't, when you call and take heart that He is listening and will send grace from out of nowhere.

Try it, you'll like it. Trust me ..

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 02:48 AM

Yes and I've learned that God is always there and He is the one I can always count on!!! People will let you down but God never does!!

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 12:08 PM

Jesus never leaves your side friend.

cool_trek1

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 06:37 AM

Yes, Jesus is there, but also, there are people there. Sometimes they don't know you need help or don't know how to help you. Sometimes you have to reach out to someone. Sometimes you have to cry out to God. I hope your situation improves.

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 01:47 PM

God loves us and wants us to be close to Him. To get close to Him we have to be tried. If we look to people to save us; what�s the point in having a Saviour?

Pro 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Pro 27:21 As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.

Just men fall everyday but they don�t get back up in their own power they look to the power of God to lift them up. The bigger the trial the bigger the opportunity to glorify God! The bigger the glory to God the closer you draw to Him!

With that said; we are supposed to edify one another. Those who fail to reach out miss out! What we do to others we do to God.

Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 4 Feb, 2011 04:16 AM

always know this God is in control of ALL things and He works out ALL things for the good for those who love Him and are called to His purpose. with that in mind and you find yourself in a ditch, first you must understand who put you there, your thoughts are usually to blame, i know i have them. now how to change the stinking thinking is the issue . take a pen and paper and write yourself a letter and ask yourself how you got there, let yourself answer, then ask yourself why you think others should get you out? then ask God to show you His answer. it maybe all a matter of learning dependence on him alone . we have two parts of our brain two ways of seeing things , if you must talk to yourself do it with the word of God ..hope this helped

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 6 Feb, 2011 10:58 AM

In my early teens, I went to visit my Grandfather in a rather forlorn form. I expected he would immediately look at me and ask why I had such a long face. I was desperate about being ditched by a girl who I was madly in love with. So I cleverly asked him, What�s up? He quickly retorted �Nothing happened but the dog died�! In disbelief and shock I said, �How did the dog die�? Here is where he launched into a most puzzling diatribe.

�The dog ate some burned horse hair because the barn burned down. The barn burned down because the flames jumped from the house to the barn. The house burned down because the candles fell over in the house. The candles fell over while they were around great aunt Essese�s coffin. Aunt Essese died because of a runaway buckboard caused by a snake who spooked the horses. So nothing happened but the dog died�!

It has taken me a good bit of living to understand what he was trying to convey to me however slapstick. It is said that fashion is cyclic. Perhaps so it is that life is cyclic with one event triggering yet another. The question we need to ask ourselves is whether we can truly exercise control over the snake crossing over our path when we least expect it.

I have always wondered if my grandmother was the women he met at Aunt Essese�s funeral.

ShuutokuTenei

http://www.arkofthecovenantyhvh.com/

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 8 Feb, 2011 12:46 PM

oh yeah, when it rains, it pours!

the Lord wants to spend time with you, just you n Him.

flyby

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 07:44 PM

Seems good Samaritans are far and few in-between anymore, I suggest you keep with the Golden Rule and give observance to the next time you slip.

View Profile
History
ditched
Posted : 6 Jun, 2011 12:50 PM

NO MATTER WHAT by Kerrie Roberts

I'm runnin' back to Your promises one more time

Lord, that's all I can hold onto

I've got to say this has taken my by surprise

But nothing surprises You

Before a heartache can ever touch my life

It has to go through Your hands

And even though I keep askin' why

I keep askin' why

No matter what, I'm gonna love You

No matter what, I'm gonna need You

I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain

But if not, if not, I'll trust You

No matter what

No matter what

When I'm stuck in this nothingness by myself

I'm just sitting in silence

There's no way I can make it without Your help

I won't even try it

I know You have Your reasons for everything

So I will keep believin'

Whatever I might be feelin', that You are my hope

And You'll be my strength

No matter what

No matter what

Anything I don't have, You can give it to me

But it's okay if You don't

I'm not here for those things the touch of Your love

Is enough on its own

But no matter what, I still love you

And I'm gonna need you

No matter what

No matter what

I think we all feel 'ditched' at times. The real lesson is in how we respond to these feelings. I have found these verses put it all in perspective for me. GOD KNOWS.