Author Thread: Persistent person
Admin

Persistent person
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 08:04 PM

Shortly after I signed on here, I was contacted by a gentleman from the southwest.

But he doesn't want to go through the site to talk to me. He's already given me his email and cellphone (neither of which I've used). I've told him that I'll only talk to him through the site till I know him better.

His view? I'm somehow being 'defiant and obstinate' (his words, not mine). He thinks I'm being a fraidy-cat.

Am I as hardheaded as he believes I am? :boxing: Or am I just being sensible?

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 02:20 AM

Welcome to the forums Kit! :)

I think your being very sensible. I wouldn't ever give out my personal information until I felt very comfortable and, evidently, you don't. There's nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, we still have to be leary even if this is a Christian site. Because it's free, there's no confirmation that people are whom they say they are.

Stay strong and hang out here in the forums with us. :)

T

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 03:33 AM

There are a lot of scammers out there who will try anything to get you to send them money.

Look at it this way, nobody likes a nag. He is showing you how he is going to treat you in the future. If he can�t respect you in something as simple as how to contact you, he�s not worth it. There is a really easy way to let him know he is going too far, click the �Block this user� button.

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 08:32 AM

Hello sister,i just want to let you know that this guy sounds like to me like if he's a scammer,i mean,what's the rush? Why hurry? It's not like you know him that long on here anyway.If it was me & a girl gives me her information that quickly, two things come to mind: either i'm very lucky to have a lady do that or she's a scammer,which in this case he sonds like to me!

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 05:20 PM

Be careful Kit, I have same experience as you before in other site, I gave him my contact, he called everyday without fail, and in two months he asking me to sent him money. Hope my experience will help.

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 20 Feb, 2011 03:24 PM

The first message I received in my inbox was from an apparent scammer. Wanted me to contact him via email. Message was blocked the next time I came onsite.

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 12:24 PM

Oh my dear sister, you are being responsible. Be cautious; as they should have to prove themselves, you will prove yourself! I would always ask this question: If this web site is good enough to 'meet' someone on, then it should be good enough to get to 'know' someone on. A true Christian gentleman will understand. There have been people on here who have asked how to know if you are being scammed. I am even cautious concerning them. They could have been scammers who have not been successful and were trolling for info on where they have gone wrong!! And calling you defiant and obstinate? Red Flag!!!!!!!!!!!

I would trust Mr. Wiseguy's input. He seems like a nice young man! Cobbler has some neat insight. And if you ever have the joy to run across ChevyRocks, Flatlander, or twosparrows, you are in good hands! There really are some terrific guys here!

Ridley S. Turtle

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 10:11 PM

sensible until you talk for a while..

i met someone on here i did call and omg the questions that were truly on his mind..

it made me sick, then cursing coming out of his mouth.

with that mouth wow, no way i dont cuss so i dont want anyone who does..

then the questions were way to personal...

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 23 Feb, 2011 02:10 PM

on your message forum is a block device use it.you can block anyone you want.it is your busness not ours.

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 24 Feb, 2011 12:01 AM

Honey , Im Im going to say one more thing...Not everyone is

what (christian) or who they appear to be...Remember, you can tell by their fruits start asking more bible based questions to them...You will see who they are.

Honey, Dont let anyone upset you by their behavior..That is their issue not yours just keep being a beautiful christian person...

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 12:40 PM

It looks like he wants to say goodbye. Probably just as well, since he sees me as being 'defiant and obstinate' because I won't e-mail him.

Page : 1 2