Author Thread: Persistent person
Admin

Persistent person
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 08:04 PM

Shortly after I signed on here, I was contacted by a gentleman from the southwest.

But he doesn't want to go through the site to talk to me. He's already given me his email and cellphone (neither of which I've used). I've told him that I'll only talk to him through the site till I know him better.

His view? I'm somehow being 'defiant and obstinate' (his words, not mine). He thinks I'm being a fraidy-cat.

Am I as hardheaded as he believes I am? :boxing: Or am I just being sensible?

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 11 Mar, 2011 03:04 AM

I just want to share my very recent experience on scam dating. I met a guy who seems to have a very good match with me and we have had fast mutual connection.. When he wrote in the email he sounded like very real. After two months he wanted to see me here in my home place and that I kind of welcoming him anyway. He said he was in the performing arts and get to travel often times in a year. He said that after his series of show in Europe, Asia, and added Africa, then fly to my home place to see me personally. I actually filed a leave for 2 days from my work just to welcome him and show him around in my place. However, after two days of waiting, he did not arrive to my dismay. But before hand anyway I was well informed about the scam dating online and how does it work like. After four days, I concluded that he was not real and that he is a scam and the next step he will do is to declare that he lost all his things in Africa - my predictions as a scam. And indeed it happened, he sent me email that he lost all his things in Africa and that he desperately needed my help, insinuating financial help. HE WAS INDEED A SCAM. However, I have learned a lesson that not all in the site are that anyway and we who are involved in this dating or meeting people online are the first to be overcautious and discerning. There are people out there who are real anyway and have good real intentions of meeting people. I have learned a lesson but it is important not to stereotype others.

leipzig

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 28 Mar, 2011 02:39 AM

This story, reminds me on a similar case happened to a Philippina with whom i used to correspond some months ago! He was somebody pretending to be an English engineer, who lost all his money in Africa and asked for help! In real he was an African scammer.

I would suggest all, not to talk to people

1. They do not own a pc and an internet connection.

2. They do not own a land phone.

3. They are not ready to communicate through a video call.

And always remember on Philippians 1:9-10 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

P.S. According to the Greek text, not excellent but different!

i.e. To the end that ye may put to proof the things that differ(Clarke Commentaries to Philippians)

Regards

View Profile
History
Persistent person
Posted : 27 Apr, 2011 09:50 AM

IT'S CHEAPER TO DO IT THIS WAY, DON'T YOU THINK? NO HARM, NO FOUL. HOWEVER, AFTER A MONTH OR TWO, IT'S TIME TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT MOVING FORWARD.

Page : 1 2