Author Thread: Friends? Or more?
Admin

Friends? Or more?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 08:19 PM

I don't know how to ask this, but I've found that some women in their profile say they are looking for a "friend". Well, I've taked to some of them and it seems it could be either just a friend or a date and maybe become friends. How is a guy to know? I would like someone to chat with, but not to interested in meeting them. They wouldn't like me in that way anyway. But I would like to chat some.:waving:

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2011 12:16 PM

Friends is an awesome place to start whether the relationship develops into something more or remains where it is. After you have built the foundation for friendship, it usually is obvious whether there are romantic feelings there.

Don't rush it and let time and discernment reveal all. God bless you in your search.

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2011 12:37 PM

I've found that sometimes when they say looking for a friend, they really mean looking for a friend who will marry me next week. Listen to babygirl, KJO. She's a smart lady! chevy

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2011 12:38 PM

I've found that sometimes when they say looking for a friend, they really mean looking for a friend who will marry me next week. Listen to babygirl, KJO. She's a smart lady! chevy

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 12:30 PM

A "friend" is just a safe way to meet people many times. It can also be a start as you ease into dating.

For me, I have met someone I am getting to know, but I don't want to leave the site because of all the folks I can chat with. I changed from "long term relationship" to "friend" and deleted personal info.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 10:16 PM

Often, looking to just be friends first or whatnot really just means they don't want to feel pressured into a relationship after the first date.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 05:22 PM

i would much rather be friends first...ultimately i would love to marry my best friend (whoever that is)

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2011 11:02 AM

For me...it means just what it says..looking for a Friend...preferably living within 50 miles...Ima in no hurry to jump right in and get involved in a Full Time Relationship or Marriage...ifin thats what a Gents on here think or is looking for then they can pass me on by...Friends 1st an Foremost...

Engagement way back in Jesus time was a betrolh committment lasting 1 year...no hanky panky... Then the wedding celebration lasting 7 days...Yippy !!!...Then the consumation of the marriage...

Seems ta me that folks jus wanna jump right into a 24/7 Fairytale with no Understanding of the Life Long Commitment...xo

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2011 11:30 AM

The reason why they waited a year before marriage was to see if the girl would show up pregnant. If she did, she was taken to the entrance of the home and stoned.

And to clarify, the seven day wedding party didn�t start until after the marriage was consummated. The partiers celebrated while the couple spent time alone together.

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2011 08:01 AM

I think dating should be a very platonic thing, a friendship thing, unless you both are willing to commit to each other forever. Date, but don't think anything of it, because he's probably dating tons of girls and possibly even your sister.

I think the whole concept of 'boyfriend' is really ridiculous. I'm sicka boyfriends personally, because that's as far as it really goes. They're not really friends at all.

However, give the term 'boyfriend' a haircut n shave and you have the term 'serious relationship'. I think that's when people decide they actually want to be together, when passion, commitment and friendship merge that's when you take it to the next level.

View Profile
History
Friends? Or more?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2011 01:18 AM

Everybody has the right to become a friend to anybody depending on the "click" thing you know. But I believe that friendship is a healthy ground to be yourself without any pressure and that is the beginning to know a person better.

Page : 1 2