Author Thread: Friends first, preschool classmate
PEM4

View Profile
History
Friends first, preschool classmate
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 07:20 AM

My preschool classmate found me on Facebook and has expressed an interest in me since last year. He informed me that he just wanted to be friends because he remembered me from school. He confessed that although it was deceptive he changed his status from single to married on fb because he could not handle the attention. He said he was starting over again but was not ready to get into a relationship because he needed to work on himself before considering anyone else. I was happy with his honesty reassure him I was entertaining any classmates attention either. Around the time he came into my life, I had been diagnose with Bell Palsy, temporary paralysis of the right side of my face. I stop communicating with everyone, friends and family because I was disturbed about my face, however, this guy would not disappear as I requested. He was so patient, attentive and caring and supportive that I forget about the disfigurement of my face and grew to love him. He would call early in the morning to wake me up, at night to bid me good night and a hello during the day to ask how the day was going and to encourage me. He has sent post cards and letters and spent time encouraging my children, etc. I felt scare and told him I had developed feelings that was more than the regular friendship and he admitted he he felt the same way,that if he did not hear from me, he missed me. He has told me about his family and encouraged me to ask him any questions and implore me to communicate.

Within the last 3week our relationship has changed drastically that I find my self in tears since last Saturday night. I notice the phone calls starts falling off , no more morning calls, calls are reduce to one per day of randomly through the day and or late at night!!! i finally happened the night before his mom visit.. there was no call. I called the morning and I was almost rush off the phone because mom had just arrived. There was calls, but I did notice he was rather preoccupied or not interested in what I was saying .My heart is breaking and I felt something went wrong with his mothers visit.After his mom left he has been a changed person since his mom visit. I can read it in his emails and hear it in his voice. I have prayed about it and decide to talk to him last Saturday night. He told me that it would be best if we remain good friends, and that I should not make any drastic decision but be patient. I have grown to love this guy and I am just a bit scare right now. Am I being too judgmental? I am now scared to even asked him any questions, yet I want to know alot of answers? Help!! I am in love with my friend and don't know how to proceed.

PEM4

View Profile
History
Friends first, preschool classmate
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 07:28 AM

It has always been my policy not to entertain any relationship with past or present class me because I was married to one before. I have express that to my friend, and now I felt I have gone back on my own rules...