Author Thread: Dating Fiascos
Admin

Dating Fiascos
Posted : 7 Mar, 2011 09:25 AM

Hi to all!:waving:

I am new here and to online dating in general, so my experiences in dating is limited to men whom I met personally. But I found dating is fun And MEMORABLE even if it will not end in wedding bells or happy-ever-afters, especially when it unfolds like a dramatic scene in a movie. This forum says 'dating experiences', so here goes:

When I was 22 I unknowingly fell in love with a man, and he with me. But for reasons I refuse to disclose, we had to put an end to the feeling between us, and parting was really hard, esp. we were bound to meet and mingle for the rest of our lives. One particular evening as I was going home, I saw him sitting by the side of a path I was on, obviously waiting for me. A knife twisted in my heart, so I took another route, hurriedly got into a taxi. By then it started to rain.

A few meters after we started, as we turned a curve, I saw him standing in the rain with arms outstretched in the middle of the road, trying to stop the car. The driver turned to me and asked: "Do you know that man?"

Fearing he might run him over, with heart pounding, I said yes, and he stopped the car. He got in wet, grabbed my shoulders and said: "Let's run away together and get married."

I said nothing. In my mind I heard the echo of the words he himself has uttered: Before God and man we are wrong together. He started to sob, and the taxi driver looked at me with a questioning look on his face. This is just a moment of weakness, I thought with a sigh, and there are some things we have just to accept. We dropped him off at a common friend's and I went home to a sleepless night. Life has its quirks sometimes.

View Profile
History
Dating Fiascos
Posted : 7 Mar, 2011 07:10 PM

This wasn't really a "date, date," but I help run a youth ranch in northern Cali and once one of the owners volunteered me to take a prospective donor to dinner. She was an elderly lady well known for her philanthropic contributions, so I was ask to "show her a nice time" while I explained to her what it was we did.

I made reservations at a nice resturant. We met at a coffee shop a few blocks from the resturant for coffee and I drove her to dinner in my jeep. In my haste to get there on time, I had neglected to remove one of the saddles I was working on from the backseat and the smell was pretty overpowering, but she didn't say too much about it. When we arrived at the resturant, they were unable to find my name in the computer and informed me that there woud be an hour and a half wait, fortunately the maitre d recognized who I was with and for a little folding money found us a suitable table. While we were enjoying our appetizer , I nervously began to explain to the nice lady what it was we did and how it benefitted the community, and what not. About halfway through my well rehearsed spiel the fire alarm sounded and the sprinklers went off. Directly above us. Hard. Wet. Cold.

I helped her outside and tried my best to shield her and her expensive coiffure, but by the time we were able to get out, we were both sopping wet. While she waited in the atrium (shivering), I went back inside and collected her coat and bag, along with a towel I had managed to finagle from the coat attendent, and just knew I had blown the whole meeting and would probably never hear from her again. To my surprise, about a week later, the ranch received a fairly sizable donation, along wih the towel we had borrowed from the resturant.

View Profile
History
Dating Fiascos
Posted : 8 Mar, 2011 08:35 AM

:ROFL:

That was one very nice lady.

View Profile
History
Dating Fiascos
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 03:55 AM

I�m simply amazed Simplyamazed43. That was such a funny story. :)

�I never had a fiasco, but a few years ago I agreed to meet a man out at something similar to a chain music lounge. I didn�t show up for an hour and he was mad!!! I was just as angry waiting for him in the wrong place. When we finally did meet it was both awkward and funny.

Nkatty

View Profile
History
Dating Fiascos
Posted : 23 Mar, 2011 04:16 PM

Wish i had a fiasco...lolest...all these stories are funny...