Author Thread: Marriage Material
Admin

Marriage Material
Posted : 6 Nov, 2008 02:30 PM

For all the women who desire to reply...please be open,

bold, daring, and brutally honest. I triple dog dare you to

share the best of your worldly and biblical views.

Apart from the natural physical/sexual attraction,

what make a "man", a MAN in your eyes?

What are your expectations of a MAN?

What have your experiences with men in general taught

you about the male gender?

How have the negative encounters altered your perspective,

faith, or trust in men?

Has there been one outstanding positve example that displayed the authenticity of a real MAN? (It could

be your father, boyfriend, co-worker, a mentor, etc.)

Are you able to clarify and share?

What defines your motivation to marry?

God 1st, great looks, well-educated, financial prosperity,

a promising future together, similar goals, or something

else out of the ordinary?

What's the most important quality you can't live without

in a relationship?

As a woman, what do you think your greatest gift is that you

can give to a MAN?

This should be fun...lol!

Will

angela_lee101

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 6 Nov, 2008 03:42 PM

well the first thing that they are a Godly man

secondly i would say that what makes a man a man is the ability to lead a relationship without overtaking it...i do think that its a hard thing to grasp but with Gods help anything can be done :D

i personally also like a guy that i can have a good conversation with :P

in past relationships i have found that these things are really important to me...my last relationship was with a Christian guy but he laked the ability to lead the relationship or have a good conversation with me i found it really frustrating because if we had a problem it wasn't really solved and we just kept having the same problem over and over again until it ended our relationship...we also didn't really have any strong Godly things that we did other then going to church we didn't study together or even pray unless we were at church i think that this was a really big issue for us and i wouldn't get into another relationship unless i knew that God was going to be the focus

i still have faith that God has a Man somewhere out there for me and i know that there are really good and Godly men out there to i have two male friends that are strong Godly men and would lead and do lead their relationships properly :D

as for marriage well it is impotent for God to be first but there has to be other things in the relationship as well like having a well rounded relationship that has many parts

the greatest gift a man can give me is time lol i know that sounds corny but its true and the little gifts mean more sometimes then the big ones...if you show me that you love me and that you are thinking about me thats all i can really ask for

i hope this is helpful :D

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 6 Nov, 2008 04:08 PM

Thank you Angela for being the first woman to take

a plunge and share the intimate thoughts as you did!

Very valuable indeed! I hope many more women will

follow your lead and openly discuss these questions I posted.

Have a wonderful night, and I pray God's best for you

in regards to your future husband!

Will

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 24 Nov, 2008 04:09 PM

Hey Will,

In regards to marrage material, Bible says what a good relationship is supposed to be like, I would say find some one with the same beliefs and values possibly of the same faith because Bible says not to be unequally yolked together with unbelievers, plus if you find someone in your church your pastor can give you wisdom on weather or not they are marrage material, Second A God fearing bible reading God loving woman who is strong in the faith can also be a big bonus in helping you grow in your walk with the Lord you both benifit by helping eachother grow. I could post scripture till Christ comes back (over egzadurated) But I only have 11 Minutes. So I advise you to start in Proverbs 31 plus counsil with your parents and Pastor They can give you more wisdom and better information than anyone on the internet. Because they know you better and your situation and circumstances, So they have the advantage of giving better advice and helping you look for someone and can tell you what and not to look for in a person.

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 31 Dec, 2008 09:18 PM

Hi Will,

I won't be able to answer all of your questions, but I will try to tackle a few...

What attracts me the most to a guy is when he is God-centered. When he stands firmly on the Bible, lives by It, and refuses to compromise - that truly makes him a MAN! When his focus is on God and pleasing Him.

Being a gentleman is also crucial. It's very sad that guys today have forgotten that a girl likes to be treated like a lady. She is very fragile, and guys often overlook that. I have a 17 year old brother, and I try to make it my goal to show him how God wants him to treat girls. He always opens the door for me and asks me to go have tea with him, which I appreciate, but there are a gazillion other things he can do to show his involvement and respect...

I personally (I don't know about girls) like it when a guy asks me questions about different topics (not only about myself). Sometimes guys think that girls are not interested in certain topics, so they never bring them up, but it often turns out that the girl is interested or at least she would like to learn. By asking her opinion, you are making her feel important and knowledgeable. Even if you disagree with something she says, don't be afraid to voice it, but be very gentle.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Julie

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 07:43 PM

--Apart from the natural physical/sexual attraction,

what make a "man", a MAN in your eyes?--

One that has confidence in the scriptures.

--What are your expectations of a MAN?--

The same biblical values.

--What have your experiences with men in general taught

you about the male gender?--

How to react.

--How have the negative encounters altered your perspective,

faith, or trust in men?--

I would prefer not to be around or at least alone with a man that I just met or feel uncomfortable with.

--Has there been one outstanding positve example that displayed the authenticity of a real MAN? (It could

be your father, boyfriend, co-worker, a mentor, etc.)--

My father and a crush I once had.

--Are you able to clarify and share?--

Clarify and share what exactly?

--What defines your motivation to marry?--

I would like to fall in love with someone. You know it didn't seem so foolish until now.

--God 1st, great looks, well-educated, financial prosperity,

a promising future together, similar goals, or something

else out of the ordinary?--

God 1st

--What's the most important quality you can't live without

in a relationship?--

See question above.

--As a woman, what do you think your greatest gift is that you

can give to a MAN?--

Give? I can't give him anything. I can only be apart of the gift of godly relationship that Christ bestows.

View Profile
History
Marriage Material
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 09:51 PM

sometime with all the comments being made and people guys and gals both saying "why no reply, are you serious...etc and on and on>' Maybe we should quite some the talk (LOL!) and go for it! YA never know what could happen if we just quit talking about it! ( i know iknow! look what im saying and not doing!)

IF we're all christians looking for that someone, i think we need to take a chance. The only thing we could lose is that it doesn't work out, how bad is that? Some friendships, or something more also could come about. Right?