Author Thread: Dating non-Christians is a bad idea
Jeremiah2911fav

View Profile
History
Dating non-Christians is a bad idea
Posted : 10 Apr, 2011 01:37 PM

Aside from it going against the instructions given to Christians in the Bible, dating a non-Christian makes it very easy for believers to compromise. A non-Christian will not have the same convictions to participate or not participate in certain activities. When a Christian chooses to be in a relationship with someone who they know is not serving Jesus or who does not have the same level of committment to Jesus, he or she not only dishonors God but puts him or herself in danger of futhur compromise. I desire to meet, get to know and marry a godly man and refuse to be linked with anyone who falls outside of that description. Any other relationship would damage my relationship with Jesus and would be a waste of my time. To all my fellow Christians who are also waiting, til death us do part is a long time to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Let's wait on the right one.

Jeremiah2911fav (Simone)

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2011 04:05 PM

Jeremiah2911fav

That is a verse I have held on to for so long,,I do know it would be better to remain single than live out of Gods will...The consequences are tough when we do..I also am in waiting for that special some one...In Gods timing...Donna:waving:

caes4

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2012 02:31 AM

hmm so you would not date someone only because they don't believe in christ? what if they were a really good person? I'm sure their are non christians that live a more christian life than many other actual christians.

Besides, if a person is a really good person, wouldn't you want to help them seek the truth?

I totally disagree with not dating someone just because they don't believe in christ

jwfreeman

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2012 08:04 PM

He that finds a wife { a godly one :angel: } finds a good thing!!! :glow: :applause: :hearts: :bouncy: If I go seeking one {an ungodly one :angeldevil: } that's not wise! Even if She is GOOD,which is where the real issue is. For what God brings together :buddies: let no one divide. As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord. :purpleangel: :prayingm: No one is good all fall short the Glory of God. WE can not serve two. We are either with the Lord by seeking 1st Him and his kingdom and His righteousness by walking according to his word and will for our lives and choosing godly principles for guidance and wisdom and having everything being added and coming to us and seeing god"s plan for our lives and our future unfolds before us for our good ; not trouble and division. Not every one who says Lord Lord shall enter the Kingdom only those who do those things that please the Lord. our house ,our marriage, will stand cause it will be based on as Jesus being Lord and not on foolishness of our natural thinking. How can I take fire into my bosom and not get burned,walk on coals and not burn my feet. No house divide can stand. I think of King Solomon,king David and most of all Adam and where their foolishness choices took them. unless two agree,are equally yoked and put God first the end is always the same ONE BIG DOUBLE MINDED MESS! :rolleyes: