Author Thread: A lot of strange behavior by men on dating sites, Christian dating sites at that.
Admin

A lot of strange behavior by men on dating sites, Christian dating sites at that.
Posted : 23 Nov, 2008 04:39 PM

Do men treat dating sites like being a kid in a candy shop? Meaning are you really, truly looking for a Godly woman to have a LTR with or is this just a way to insincerely pursue several women at the same time??

View Profile
History
A lot of strange behavior by men on dating sites, Christian dating sites at that.
Posted : 23 Nov, 2008 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, that is often the case on both sides of the isle. Men and women use these sites to fulfill a kind of attention fantasy. There are some, on both sides, who are sincere. It just takes time and effort to weed the bad ones out.

Don't be too upset with them, some are coming out of long term relationships and have a low self esteem. They get on a worldwide venue, like this, and find that others do find them attractive. They go a little crazy at first, but will usually settle back down in a few months.

Love and blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2008 08:02 PM

Thank you for your input. I appreciate your tenderness. I hope you have been blessed by this dating site and you are on your way to finding the one the Lord has intended for you to live out your days with here on earth, if that is what you are looking for. In any event...God Bless You and Happy Thanksgiving too :)

Kelly

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2008 11:24 AM

Leon.

Whats up bro.I was going to respond to this one but I see

my brother took care of that for our sister.Nothing need to be added it is the plain truth.:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2008 07:33 AM

You know It's a good Idea to question anyone you meet online, especially if you think theres some dark ungodly intentions for them being online, I think if you intend on finding a good godly person for a long term relationship you should try at church first where they line up with scriptural beliefs, and you can get to know them personally in person I noticed on your profile you forty so I hesitate on saying your parents because I don't know if they are still around it would put them at least 60 years old if they are, but your pastor for sure can can help you determine if someone is a good godly person to date or not. Online a scammer or conartist can be just as decieving on a christian site as they can on any other website. Matthew 7:15-23

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Look at he fruit they bear in their life are they using scripture or curse words, do they talk about God more or about their favorite baseball player or sports team I find most people online talk about sports, movies, first dates yet the people using scripture are far and few, Plus finding someone close to home is another bouns so you can actually meet them in person and get to know them in person. their is a lot you can hide behind a computer screen.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2008 02:11 AM

Kelly, I am glad to be of service dear sister. It is hard sometimes to see from the point of view of someone else, but if we can, we usually receive revelation. And this site has exceeded my expectations, but it took a while.

Brother Mike! I have missed talking with you. Keep pouring out that truth, brother. God will bless you for it.

Love and peace to all,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2008 02:21 AM

Man, I knew I should have looked at her profile before posting that last reply! Lol. Just kidding. Couldn't resist, it was too perfect to pass up.

Be blessed,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 12:28 PM

May I ask what on earth you are talking about in your last reply??

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 12:36 PM

LOL...you're way too funny...40 yr old's parents that probably are not around...lol. You must be extremely young to think that.

I have no issues with whom to talk with...I was asking men 35 and above why mature men, meaning men over 35 would behave like they do sometimes on dating sites, thats all, nothing more, nothing less. It is something I have heard a lot of women talk about, so I thought I would be bold and ask the question instead of just chatting about it among each other, ( among women I mean.)

Take care of yourself and good luck to you.

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 10:32 AM

i think i agree with most of the what the first guy replied with. I would add though that not every guy on here is a christian, even if they claim to be. Some are just as much "players" as any other player out would be. Its not the sites fault, u get a few bad ones in most places, but it doesnt mean this site isnt useful or that christian guys dont come on here. I would think it an impossibility that they didnt. I live in a somewhat populated region, i cant imagine how slim the pickins' would be in the breadbasket states, heheh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 04:29 PM

Kelly, if you were asking me, I was talking about how pretty you are, and how good your profile was, and I might as well have said straight out that I had met someone. It was a joke, placing myself in the same category as the men you were asking about.

Sorry for any confusion,

Leon

P.S. I'll bet the men knew what I was saying. LOL

Page : 1 2